Wednesday, February 07, 2007

WIP Wednesday

The second snowman vest has been steeked:

Cutting your knitting the second time around isn't nearly as difficult. The Smirnoff wasn't even required. (You can see the process of the first vest steek here.) All I have left is sewing the shoulders and making the button and armhole bands. Oh, yeah, and all the fiddly embroidery. Do you notice that the vest has all the colors of this round of Project Spectrum - blue, white and gray? Not planned, but pretty neat.

And the current sock:

I was originally planning to make my usual heel flap, but I loved the way this was striping too much to break it up, so I did a forethought heel. That's why it has taken me this long to do the heel; I was putting it off. Forethought heels aren't my favorite, not that they are any harder than the sock toe, but I'm just not as familiar with them, so it took more concentration than I wanted to give. I couldn't quite get an accurate red this morning, but this red doesn't have a bluish cast at all; it's quite vibrant, but not blindingly so. The darker reds and grays really do tone it down a bit. I really do wish a picture would do it justice.

Now, I hope to finish the vest in the next couple of days and move onto the Forest Path Stole again.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

How happy are you that the end is in sight for the vests?! :)

Lovely sock!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Prachi said...

But you should have had the Smirnoff anyway! The snowman vest looks very pretty as does the sock. sometimes simple ribbing really brings out the beauty of sock yarns, doesn't it?

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the vest looks great! Are you going to do the same super cute buttons?

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the vest is seriously cute and I love the colors in your sock- its funny- you and I have the same taste in colors with all the rich purples and pinks and reds we like...

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock is really lovely. The red is just what a person needs to see in winter on blogs. Cheers us up! And the steeked snowman vest is fabulous. You did two of these? Wow! =0)

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock is really lovely. The red is just what a person needs to see in winter on blogs. Cheers us up! And the steeked snowman vest is fabulous. You did two of these? Wow! =0)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Yay! You steeked! The vest is looking so fine and so is the sock.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The snowman vest is amazing. I like the sock, too. Is the forethought heel from Sensational Knitted Socks?

6:16 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

You already know I love those socks but did you know there is a SKS volume 2 coming out!! WOOT! Now if I could just knit full time :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Wow, that vest is PERFECT for Project Spectrum ;)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Wow! That snowman vest is so beautiful! Steeking! I haven't tried doing this yet ... really? No more need for Smirnoff? ;)
The colourway of the sock is amazing!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vest looks fantastic. I'm one of those people who shudders at the thought of steeking. Kudos to you! The sock looks great, too.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh! The snowman vest is breathtaking! wow!

And the polymer clay instructions are a really nifty idea. Thanks! (hm... the kidlets were doing polymer clay this afternoon, we have it handy, even...hm...)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home