Wednesday, January 31, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Since I finished two things last week, I've started one thing and picked up two UFOs to finish. The new project:

I had originally started this new sock intending a basketweave pattern from SKS, but I liked the 3X1 rib I started it out in so much that I decided to keep with it. The yarn is more of the yummy Cherry Tree Hill in colorway Foxy Lady.

Now, for my two UFOs (unfinished objects for any muggle readers). The first is the second snowman vest:

I'm to binding off the armholes. Not too much further now.

And the last project is the Forest Path Stole, saved from neglect by Agnes and Debi's Forest Path Stole Knit-Along.

I've wanted to do the FPS ever since I came across a picture of it a couple of years ago. I immediately ordered the Interweave issue it was in and I was actually planning on being completely insane and spinning the yarn for it. I spun a little on spindle and made my first swatch back in June 2005. I then decided although I like the color, it wasn't for my FPS, so I went back to looking. So, in July of last year, I came across this beautiful forest green alpaca silk from Webs. I feel in love and knew it was what I wanted for my stole. So I restarted last year. And she got put aside for other things. Now, I'm ready to pick her back up.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Excellent WIPs

10:48 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Oh, wow, Forest Path! It's such a gorgeous color, too. I think I like it better in the deep green than the original white.

How scary is the lace-intarsia? Is it as terrifying as it looks?

10:59 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

er, not intarsia, entrelac...

10:59 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Very nice! The forest green colour is so destined for the FPS! I'll put this up later.

11:26 AM  
Blogger margene said...

All good knitting. Your FPS is fabulous!!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You have perfect project balance - simple, colorwork, and lace. All are lovelyl!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

All beautiful WIPs indeed! I love the socks and of course the FPS!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Lovely WIPs! I especially love the way your socks are turning out. That colourway is so eye-catching!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

It's nice to see a FPS in progress. I started mine tonight and I'm at the base triangles. The only entrelac I've ever done was just small sample so I was a little nervous, but it's making sense!
dswaite@mac.com

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home