Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm All Better Now

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm feeling much better today and have been able to talk for the last couple of days. I still sound a bit like Kathleen Turner, but I can talk now and that's the important thing. I've been working on Hidcote (no pictures because the weather's lousy and I have enough trouble tying to approximate the true color without added issues) and I'm to the first place where the pattern changes dramatically. Of course, this was what I took to the Sit 'N' Knit last night to work on. I couldn't concentrate. I ended up talking a lot more than knitting along with a little spinning. This is after having to use DPNs to fix something on Hidcote Saturday night. I had messed up yarnovers or something, but got it all fixed. Hopefully, I'll get back on track today with her.

In March, I'll be doing a program on polymer clay buttons for my local knitting guild. I'm pretty excited about it because it gives me an excuse to get the stuff out and just play. I was planning on demonstrating how to make button molds and how to do canes. I've already done a blog tutorial on caned buttons (just see the sidebar), but I'll document molds, too.

I'll know exactly what's going on with Juliette when she gets her stitches out on Thursday. I really do appreciate all the kind thoughts you all have given.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling better. Teaching a class sounds like a lot of fun, I bet you'll be great at it.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, the buttons will be fun.

Hope you're bringing the Hidcote tonight--I want to see it and see if the silk laceweight I have is appropriate (though I may have too much).

I have lots of pretty hand-dyed sock yarns to show you (and my finished Rock and Weave socks!). I also have two little bitty belated holiday gifties for you (just stuff I saw and thought you'd like).

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the buttons sound fun, and I'm sorry you have been feeling poorly, but I hope you continue to get better, and soon!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you feel better!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm glad to hear your feeling better and that you were able to fix your Hidcote without any undo fuss.

My thoughts will be with you and Juliette on Thursday!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Glad you're better Ali! Now let's get juliette a clean bill of health too!

I wish I could take your class! Did I ever mention I used to live in Charlottesville?

8:29 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! I'll be thinking about Juliette...

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you're feeling better! And ohhh, the buttons will be such a lot of fun!
All the best to you and Juliette!

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home