Wednesday, January 03, 2007

WIP Wednesday

I actually have a WIP to show:

That's the Hidcote Garden Shawl (I somehow had not put this one on the sidebar until Monday) and I am loving this pattern. It is going to be a gorgeous shawl when it's done.

My other WIP is actually not knitting, but spinning. I've been spinning on that beautiful new spindle.

This is cashmere silk and it is a dream to spin. So very soft. The color is a beautiful cream/silver with occasional hints of a darker tan. I plan to double-ply it and see how many yards two ounces will give me. Then I'll decide what to do with it. I'm thinking a shawl.

Since one of my 2007 goals is to finish all the things currently on my sidebar, I'm going to try to work on them, not necessarily exclusively, mind you, because I'm sure I'll add a few to the sidebar, but I do need to work on them. My goal for the end of January is to finish Hidcote and the second Snowman vest. I plan to pick Forest Path back up the first of February to join Debi and Agnes in their Forest Path Stole-along.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Hidcote is a beautiful pattern. I hope you'll enjoy it.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh everything is beautiful, especially that spinning! It's really quite breathtaking.

I'm soooo tempted to start the Forest Path Stole, but I already have so many things that need to be done.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, what you're spinning is simply lovely - I just bet it's soft as can be.

2:01 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Wow, the spinning looks beautiful.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I remembered the Forest Path Stole on your blog!

Glad to see you're going to continue on with it, and also put it on the FPS-along blog.

See you next week!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

You're all set Ali, now help yourself to a button! :)

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, look at that! Gorgeous!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Ohh I want to pick up my Hidcote again. Yours is coming out so lovely. I can't wait to see your Forest Path Stole either. I'm tempted to do that with you all too.

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful spinning! Hidcote is on my needles now...I'm in love with it!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

ooohh...it shines!! :)

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this shawl looks so amazing already, what a beautiful and intense pattern! And your spinning rocks big time - it seems every bit as soft as you describe it!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home