Saturday, December 23, 2006

Anniversary Present

My husband and I celebrated our eleventh wedding anniversary yesterday. How do I know he really loves me? Because he gave me this:

Yep, that's a Golding, a purpleheart tsunami. And since it really looks much bigger than it is in that picture, here's one for scale.

Isn't it pretty? Not too much knitting going on, but I've been spinning quite a bit with my Sweetheart Golding. Some pretty silk which I've shown before. I'm spinning it very thin, so it's going to take a while. With my new Tsunami, I think I'm going to start on this lovely natural-colored cashmere silk (it's the one in the upper left) that I got at the Montpelier Fiber Festival.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Holidays Alison!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Happy anniversary. Clearly you've got yourself a good man there.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Happy Anniversary! What a gorgeous spindle. I wish you both a happy holiday too!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and I love that spindle. He's a keeper!! I mean your husband. ;)

12:50 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy anniversary! Aw, that's so sweet of your husband! :)

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 11th Anniversary Ali; that is so beautiful an anniversary gift. Wonderful guy!

My one Golding is a 2.2 of purpleheart. I love it and want to give it a new little sister this year. ;o)

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I'd say your right, he definitely loves you! Any man that supports fiber addictions, is definitely a keeper!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a thoughtful husband you have!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home