Wednesday, December 06, 2006

WIP Wednesday

There hasn't been a whole lot of knitting going on. I often face a bit of "what to do" when I've finished a big project like the shawl. Even though I do have other projects going, I just can't seem to pick them back up. So there's just a little knitting for you:

That's my entrelac sock which has had just a little progress. (Debi's socks striped up very similarly to how mine are striping. I love hers!)

Did anyone else watch Monday night's The Closer? I love the show and there is a sweater that the character of Brenda has worn in several episodes (including this one) that I just love and want to duplicate. Anyway, in Monday's episode, she had been on administrative leave for several months and she had been trying to fill her time. There were several dying houseplants and on the end table was a basket of yarn and a knitting book. When her boyfriend sat on the couch, he hopped back up and said "ouch" and pulled out a ball of yarn with knitting needles in it which I thought hilarious because of how many times my DH has done the same thing.

I've been beading a little. You might remember these cute little snowflakes. Well, I've added two more to the collection. They are from a pattern in Bead & Button magazine.


I'm really hoping to find my knitting mojo soon because I'm just hopping between things right now. I have no doubt I'll find it eventually, but for now I guess I'll get some other things done. Like maybe getting the Christmas tree up. Usually it's up by now, but we're a bit behind this year. Maybe getting caught up on blogging - again.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I love the beaded snowflakes! And the sock is wonderful. I hope you don't mind that I "borrowed" WIP Wednesday for my post today.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Thanks for the shout out Ali! I love yours too! I have a Q for you...what DPNs are you using?

I love the snowflakes!

Ihear you on the ennui, I have Ruben to finish yet all I can knit it socks!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That sock is really cool!! And the snowflakes are lovely.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Those snowflakes are beautifull!

3:46 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

i love the snowflakes!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

they are so pretty!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

I understand lack of knitting mojo - there are times when mine deserts me too. Just wait - it will come back and probably with a vengance! I've got the Closer on Tivo - I'm anxious to watch it now! The snowflakes are lovely as are the socks. I've seen Debi's and they're great!
dswaite@mac.com

8:13 PM  
Blogger nat said...

Those snowflakes are really pretty. :)

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those beaded snowflakes are beautiful. I don't know the first thing about beading but I'd like to learn if I can make things like that!

8:18 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

I can certainly relate to the knitting hiatus. I took a long one but it's back, with a vengence. Now to decide which project to pick up. Even though I wasn't actively knitting on projects I was actively "collecting" them :-)

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow those snowflakes are amazing! I just love them. They'd make an awesome pin for a winter coat.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you're right Deb's socks where so cool with the striping. I love yours too! I also know what you mean about feeling empty and not wanting to knit something when you've finished a big project. I do that even if it's a little project. Every year I admire those pretty beaded snowflakes and promise myself to make some but never do. I adore yours!!! Are they hard to make? I think I really need some of those.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I adore that sock! I'd love to know if you're following a pattern for it. I also really love those snowflakes. What are you going to use them for? I hope you find your knitting mojo soon. I seem to be suffering from a bit of that myself. It might be because I've been doing so many gifts.

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a most gorgeous entrelac sock you have going!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home