Wednesday, November 15, 2006

WIP Wednesday – The Insanity Continues

All right, so the pattern is all cut out and the material is bought and about to be cut:

and I figured out that in about a week (I only got the yarn last Wednesday evening) I have a bit over 30% of the shawl completed. (And I was a huge geek about it. I actually went into Excel and did a lot of calculating; I'm pretty sure my equations were correct.) So as long as my fingers don't fall off and my sewing machine doesn't break (I will already have to wind the bobbins by hand because the bobbin winder is not working so keep your fingers crossed on that one for me), I might actually do this. Yesterday, I ordered longer cables for my Knit Picks needles (along with a few of the smaller sized needles and a few more pouches for my case). Hopefully, they'll get here before the shawl outgrows the 32" cable. Here's another picture of the blob, coming along quite nicely:

You might notice a yellow line close to the needles. Now, ordinarily I don't use lifelines any more, but something told me to this time just to be on the safe side. The pattern changes pretty abruptly at that point, plus I had to actually change the needle size (I just changed to the larger needle size and longer cable size at the same time), so I did it just this once as a safety net. And I think the color is even more accurate than in the last post. There was a bluish cast in the last picture I couldn't quite get rid of, I guess because of the shine. It does have silk in it after all. (And yes, this is the Hexagon Spider's Web Shawl from Victorian Lace Today. I am totally in love with the book!)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blob is growing!

I saw the book in the store the other day- it really is something but I am still intimidated by lace in the sense that I really really have to think while working on it. (not that I can't do it, but it requires my undivided attention)

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blob that took Manhattan. Okay I couldn't resist. A lifeline is a good idea, especially on that large of a project.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

I can't wait to see both the blob and the dress finished.. I bet you will look stunning in them!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Gorgeous blog and material. You are coming along so well!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

yayyayyayyayyay!!

*heart thumping*

12:14 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

I've looked through all your finished Objects and I have to say, one is more beautiful than the other. Lovely work! I did the entrelac socks and I love them. I'll do them again some time in the future.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I can hardly wait to see the finished, post-blob shawl!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home