Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sweet Georgia Yarn

Check out my new yarn from Sweet Georgia. Yeah, I know I'm supposed to be on a yarn moratorium for sock yarn, but see, this stuff was actually ordered back in October before my self-imposed moratorium. It's part of the reason for my moratorium. Felicia was out of the country for most of October, so I'm just now getting my yarn. (Sort of like an early Christmas present.) Keeping in mind that the pictures do not in any way do this stuff justice, here's the lovely sock yarn:

Top to bottom: Velvet Underground, Coal Harbour, and (is it really any surprise) my favorite Paris. So I really need to use up some sock yarn before I buy any more.

And now for the reason I placed the order in the first place:

That's laceweight in the colorway Viola. I've already wound one of the skeins and printed out my copy of the Hidcote Garden Shawl pattern. All ready to start. Maybe my mojo is finding its way back to me. I've really wanted to do Hidcote ever since I saw it a couple of months ago and I'm very excited that I finally have the yarn.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

You enabler you! I just back from browsing the site and the yarns are gorgeous. On her site, however, she just gives links to retailers. Where did you order yours from?
dswaite@mac.com

11:14 AM  
Blogger nat said...

That shawl is going to look great in that beautiful purple color. :)

11:35 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

lovely colors!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

You know, I think there is a KAL for Hidcote Garden after the first of the year. I downloaded the pattern over the weekend and am itching to start, but have other irons in the fire that I hope will be finished by the end of December. Love the color you've chosen.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful stuff!

Let's see, when will the Hidcote Shawl be done? I'll have to be there to see! Another beautiful shawl to look forward to.

And beautiful socks to see soon, too!

I love your work!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's some beautiful yarn, I can only imagine what it really looks like if the pictures don't do it justice!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got my second Socks that Rock order in the mail on Saturday--two skeins of lightweight (Jingle Bell Rock and Chapman Springs) and one of mediumweight (Xmas Rock).

I finished my red/white/green socks. I rewound a skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock (Northern Lights colorway) that I'd used to start a pair 2-at-a-time and quit (kept tangling the yarn). Then I looked at the STR again, and it caught me.

I wound the Xmas Rock and started the Rock and Weave pattern. I knitted at Starbucks yesterday evening (putting off schoolwork). I now have one cuff and 2/3 of the second cuff done! I like Linen Stitch.

The Sweet Georgia is lovely, but I have too much yarn, too. Even worse, my KnitPicks order came, so I have more sock needles AND Victorian Lace Today. Then I caved and finally bought Knitting Nature when I was at Borders (with a coupon). I've already read VLT cover to cover.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

La la la la la la - I can't see that! ;)

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Chris said! Lol! Gorgeous yarns, and I'd have picked out the same ones. And I love your sock and shawl. Gorgeous.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Must. Buy. Sock. Yarn.

Seriously that is some of the prettiest sock yarn I have seen in a while. Yummy.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home