Monday, December 18, 2006

Holiday Meme

Well, I don't have much to show you, so I thought I'd do the holiday meme that's been making the rounds. But first a picture of our "pup":

This is Juliette. She's a fourteen-year-old Shih-tzu and still in pretty good health. And now for the meme:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate, of course.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Usually just leaves a small thing or two unwrapped. I spend a lot of time picking out just the perfect gifts. No one else is getting credit.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope.
5. When do you put up your decorations?
Usually the day after Thanksgiving, but this year we still haven't finished all the decorations.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Cranberry sauce.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Getting up before my parents to see what I got, then acting surprised when they actually got up with the camera.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Don't remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I try and finagle as many gifts as I can on Christmas Eve. Heck, I try getting stuff even before Christmas. I hate waiting.
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree?
Crocheted snowflakes, some special bought ornaments and more recently, some beaded snowflakes.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread?
I love it for about the first snow, maybe two, of the season. But when I have to shovel the drive more than about 2 or 3 times, it gets old. Good thing I live where I do; usually just about enough.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes. Sort of.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I don't remember.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with my husband and girls.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Cookies.
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Making sugar or gingerbread cut-out cookies.
17. What tops your tree?
Crocheted angel.
18. What is your favourite holiday book?
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I re-read it every year. I love Dickens.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I like so many, but I love Ella Fitzgerald's version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?
Definitely yummy. Love peppermint.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, that is a good song! I think I have that on one of those compilations from Starbucks from about 10 years ago - or maybe it was a freebie from Eddie Bauer... Anyway, it's excellent!

Hi, Juliette!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one cute little dog! Look at those big brown eyes!

I'm stealing your MEME. But first I have to get the pattern for some of those entrelac socks. Your's are wonderful. Then I'll steal the MEME.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

What a darling pup!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, Can't believe that you sneaked up to see your Christmas presents without my knowing, and I thought you were really surprised.
Love, Mom

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the candy canes- they are the best thing about Christmas- and your pup is super cute btw!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a cute meme that's going around.

I am in LOVE with your Juliette! Awwww, so sweet!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet little puppet. I wish you a nice Christmas with lots of joy and happiness.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot chocolate always-even in summer!
Santa always wraps everything-the more paper to wade through the better.
White lights only and only inside the house. No mistletoe. No decorations or tree until after my birthday on dec 8th...the rules. Homemade cranberry sauce is the greatest on everything. Best Memory:On Christmas Eve in the late 1960's coming out of church with the most beautiful snow falling...pure magic. SANTA CLAUS: I was about 8 and the ridiculousness of it hit me early on Christmas Eve and I layed in bed laughing about the farce! Always Christmas morning for presents even though I think it is more civilized to be dressed and presentable on CHristms Eve-no takers in the family. Homemade Cross stitch ornaments, family heirlooms from both sides, vacation memorabilia. Would love to have snow..even a few flakes on CHristmas Eve. No dangerous sports for Miss Klutz. A rose print comforter for my bed when I was about 18.still have it in a Duvet. Getting on the other side of the holidays is the most favorite time...its OVER!!! Holiday dessert: My famous gingerbread. awesome stuff. Holiday tradition..most of them have gone by the by. My homemade angel has topped our tree for years. Christmas Book: Luke in the Bible. Song: Good King Wencesles (sp?) Candy CAnes...cinnamon of course!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home