Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Thanks again for all the kind words and thoughts about our Julie. She's still doing well.

Well, it's that time again. Time to inventory all the projects I've completed in 2006 and make a few goals for 2007. I've completed a grand total of 22 projects this past year (keeping in mind that several were actually started in 2005 and that I'll have several to carry over into 2007). Broken down into categories:

Shawls/Stoles/Scarves (nine):
Hexagon Spider's Web Shawl
Wool Peddlar's Shawl
Icarus Shawl
Madli's Shawl
Swallowtail Shawl
Faux Russian Stole
Trellis Scarf
Landscape Shawl
Clapotis

Sweaters/Vests (three):
Snowman Vest #1
Bella
Lizzie

Socks (ten pair):
Shade Garden Socks
Purple Trekking Socks
Blue Austermann Step Socks
Waterfall Rib Socks
Red Austermann Step Socks
Mom's Opal Petticoat Socks
Blue/Mauve Socks
Pink and Purple Socks
Chevron Socks
Mosaic Socks

Now for my knitting/spinning goals for 2007:
1. I vow to finish all current UFOs on the sidebar. (Stop laughing. I can do it. Really.)
2. I vow to finish all current spinning projects (which remembering that I usually spin laceweight will take a while. Do you know how long it takes to spindle just two ounces of silk?!) And I want to use some of my spindle and wheel spun goodness in shawls.
3. I vow to acquire more spindles. I love them – they are portable and beautiful to look at and so meditative.
4. While some are vowing not to acquire more yarn in 2007, (You know who you are and I truly admire you for it:), I plan to acquire much more yarn. I've decided that there may come a time when I am not so easily able to afford yarn and a large stash may come in handy. So, while I'm able, if I see a yarn I just have to have, I'll probably get a bit of it.
5. I vow to try out more colors, especially in sock yarn. I'm in a bit of a rut with purple and pink (just check out how many of my 2006 projects were either pink and/or purple). Although, I don't think I'll ever rid myself of the love of those colors (and just pure black), I think I'm going to pick a few colors I normally wouldn't. Maybe add some more blues and reds to my palette. With each sock yarn purchase, I think I'll try at least one colorway that wouldn't be my first or even second pick.
6. I vow to organize my stash and to keep it neat. (Really, DH, stop laughing. I'll do my best.)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Raye said...

What happened to the Hidcote Garden shawl? I thought you were going to knit one. I wound my yarn over the weekend and hope to start today.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Great list of projects and projects-to-be! I had about convinced myself to resolve not to buy yarn this year, but you have a point. I'm working now and contemplating retirement in a few years. I may not be able to afford yarn as much then, so maybe now is the time to stash away. You enabler, you!
dswaite@mac.com

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding vow #6 -- Bwuhahahahaaahaaa! I'll believe it when I see it.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Lorette said...

I love your #4! This is one NY resolution that I could actually keep. Have a Happy New Year!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a lot in 2006! It was all very pretty, too. :)

Happy New Year!

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this was a big lace year for you! Looks like you have some good ones lined up too!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your kitty is doing well. I hope things continue positive for her.

That's a lot of shawls! I'm impressed. And the socks. Wow! I'm sure you'll reach and exceed all your goals for 2007.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

LOL - I have the highest hopes for your spindle and yarn buying resolutions!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home