Monday, October 02, 2006

Socktoberfest and Wool Peddlar Shawl

First of all, I'm starting off Socktoberfest right. I finished up a pair of socks that had been languishing on the needles for several months after I got "socked out" by doing so many socks in a row. They are in Trekking 109 (I think) on size 0s and they are done in the Slipped Rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. Here they are:

I also got some lovely new sock yarn from Lisa Souza. I've been envying her stuff for a while.

Do I even need to say how these pictures just don't do it justice? From left to right: Mars Quake, Berry Poppins, Sky Drama and Shade Garden (which is probably the least like real-life; it's the one I've started with and I'll show you progress on Wednesday. Gorgeous stuff!). And do I need to point out that three of the four skeins have purple?

And my finished Wool Peddlar's Shawl:

The color is a bit more accurate in the close-up:

Specs:
Pattern: Wool Peddlar's Shawl from Folk Shawls
Needles: size 7
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss in Concord Grape

So this brings me down to just two shawls: the Forest Path, which is going to take forever and the Moon Dance which still needs a bit of spinning. I now have the perfect yarn in mind for the Hidcote Shawl, but I won't have it in hand until sometime in November. And I don't really want to get anything else started before then. Oh, well, I guess I can work a bit on the Forest Path and all the vests and coats and socks in the works. I might even get my WIP list down a little more.

17 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

The shawl is lovely Alison! I'm dying to try the gloss but I refuse to place an order for any more yarn! Love the socks too!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Pumpkinmama said...

Great Shawl. I just had to go check your archives to see Moon Dance, and I'm glad I did. I have 4oz of bunnycrack from Kim that I was planning to spin up for a shawl too! Are you keeping yours singles, I assume? It will be so pretty.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Wool Peddlar's is gorgeous. This looks like a shawl that will get a lot of wear! I, too, have been wanting to try the Gloss, but can't place an order until after Christmas. But it will be on my list - maybe even for that shawl. How many skeins?
dswaite@mac.com

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything is just gorgeous. Love the shawl, it looks very comfy.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

The shawl is gorgeous! Congratulations on finishing!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're cranking out shawls at an amazing rate! This one is beautiful!

After reading Pumpkinmama's comment I'm going back for another look at your Moon Dance . . .

12:28 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Everything looks great, I love that trekking colorway.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

*drool* Your trekking socks and your shawl are both lovely!!! And all that other yarn. Purple's not a bad thing. :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

the purples on the socks are lovely!

what a comfy shawl...purple...teeheee....aahhh alison, you're so amazing!hope it keeps you warm and cozy as the weather turns colder.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Your Wool Peddler's Shawl looks wonderful! That is the next shawl on my list and I can't wait.

Love the sock yarn; as soon as I get some more yarn money I'm going to try some Lisa Souza.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The shawl is really beautiful! How many skeins of the Gloss did you use? Nice socks, too!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

The Wool Peddler's shawl really came out great. I want to do the Hidcote Garden shawl too. I can't wait to see how your Moon Dance turns out. I loved making that shawl.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the shawl is beautiful. I've been reading that pattern and wanting to try it. Great job!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at the speed at which you knit. the shawl is gorgeous! And I totally share your love of all the shades of purple. This one looks a lot nicer than in the book, too.

1:22 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Your Wool Peddler is lovely. I've always liked that design, and you chose a great color for it. :-)

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl is gorgeous. One question, how do you get the right gauge and the right size shawl if you use a fingering yarn which has many more stitches to the inch (can you tell I'm new at this). thanks

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home