Wednesday, September 27, 2006

WIP Wednesday

I've been rather slack about posting lately. Part of it is that I have a boring life. Not that I'm complaining - boring is good, but it doesn't make for good blog fodder. I'm still sort of in a knitting funk. Just working a little here and there. Mostly on my Wool Peddlar's Shawl. I'm very close to finishing (and the color, at least on my monitor, is actually fairly close for once.)


I've also been working away on my poor slipped rib socks that have been untouched for months. This is the second of the pair.

I love Trekking yarn. I finally decided that I had to have some socks going since the weather's getting chilly and I always have cold feet. But I'm not going to work exclusively on socks like I did a few months ago. That truly made me not even want to think about socks for a while. It is very hard to resist the call of all the pretty sock yarn out there for long though and I've got some new stuff coming.

What have I been doing with myself besides knitting? Watching new episodes of House and Bones. Playing video games. Homeschooling. Exercising. Trying to take Latin back up. (Yeah, I know, I'm strange and you'd think I'm even stranger if I told you I wanted to learn Ancient Greek, wouldn't you?) Like I said pretty boring stuff. Good for me, bad for anyone looking for actual interesting things in reading the blog.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

I prefer to think of it as stable rather than boring. Good for you for taking up Latin. I took two years of it in high school and I can't tell you how many times I've been able to use it - especially since I work in the medical profession. The Wool Peddlar's shawl is looking gorgeous.
dswaite@mac.com

11:05 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

I see nothing strange about wanting to study Greek. It's actually very cool! I get seized with the urge to take up intriguing languages all the time. I took an evening course in Old English a few years ago, and it was one of the best classes I've ever taken (college years included.) We'd get a hundred lines of Beowulf to translate every week.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took a few semesters of Ancient (or Koine) Greek in college. I actually loved it and I'm so glad I studied it! It really came in handy in the Linguistics field.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boring is definitely good. I think I could use boring for a good couple of years.

Your shawl and sock both look great. What a fabulous color on the shawl.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, both of your projects are lovely! I know what you mean about life not always providing a lot of blog fodder. I work the distraction posts pretty hard, since I've been knitting SO slowly lately..

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Latin! Cool. Is it for a specific purpose (to read some specific texts) or just generally? Either way, cool!

Was it monotonous to do the Peddler shawl?

4:43 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

love that purpley peddlar! i also took 2 years of latin, don't remember how to put sentences together, but the root word thing comes in handy ;-)

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem boring to me. Right now I have so much going on, I'm lucky if I get to turn my computer on. Those toothpicks keeping my eyes open at night to knit are wearing out. I would love to be back to my 'boring' life right now.
Anyway that shawl is gorgeous-great color.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I adore House! What was that about with his old carpet? Your shawl is looking fabulous. It's such a gorgeous colour your using.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home