Wednesday, September 13, 2006

WIP Wednesday

In theory, Icarus should be long finished by now. And I should be farther along on the Snowman vest and the Hex Coat (which has had no progress). But I haven't been knitting as much as I should. (And no, it's not because of the computer game I let myself get sucked into. No, really, it's not. Really.) Anyway, this rumpled mess is Icarus. So close...

I'm on the very last chart now, maybe fifteen rows left with the beading rows, so it shouldn't take too long at all. But remember those beads from last post? This is my main distraction from knitting.

These adorable little ornaments come from the latest issue of Bead & Button. They are so tiny and adorable.

Speaking of the beads, I had a few questions about the little bead boxes. They actually came in a case I got from Walmart. The case is about the size of an embroidery floss box, but instead of the compartments there were all these little boxes and it has a handle. Very handy and neat.

And last, but not least, who's going to the Fall Fiber Fest next month? :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

I love that - "not knitting as much as I should"! I usually use that to refer to such things as dusting, cooking, vacuuming, studying, working. I like your version much better. I think I will add it to my vocabulary. "I'm so sorry - I can't do (whatever) because I haven't been knitting as much as I should and I really need to get back to it."

9:46 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

You're so close on Icarus! I can't wait to see it finished.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm sure your Icarus will long be an FO before mine is. Mine has been put way on the back burner.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Count me in as waiting eagerly to see you Icarus...I hope you add the beads, it would look amazing!

I LOVE those little ornaments!!

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I so love these little ornaments, they look so delicate and beautiful!
Oh, and I hear you about the PC-games - I often think while playing on and on how much knitting I could do in that time... ;) But such breaks are desperately needed from time to time, aren't they?
I love your Icarus, you're so close to finishing it now! Great!

3:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I can definitely see how those ornaments would lead you astray - really cute!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have actually been debating on wether I should go to the Fall Fiber Fest or the Southeastern Fiber Festival (Ashville, NC). Both are a good 3 hours drive from me and because of my wonky mazda I would have to rent a car for the day... so I am still undecided. However your snowflakes look lovely.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colour of your Icarus is beautiful! I can't wait to see it blocked.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sooo behind on my blog reading! I love just love those beaded snowflakes!!! I've wanted to make some for a few years now but never knew how. Yours are sooo cool. I'm a major bead fan. Oh and I understand the yarn snob thing all the way.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love those beaded snowflakes. I can see how distracting they can be!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home