Friday, September 29, 2006

Knitterly Things Meme and Flowers

But first, a minor complaint: Yesterday I stopped by a fast food restaurant for supper on the way home. Yes, it was raining, but there were about 10 cars waiting in the drive through lane. At this point it wasn't raining all that hard and there was NO ONE inside. NO ONE ordering at all and two people just waiting to take an order. Most of the cars had single people inside, no kids to have to get out of the car. I got my kids out of the car and ran all of ten feet into the restaurant and was out of there before several of the cars even ordered. Barely got wet. I'm sorry, I just don't get it. Even with my knitting that line would have driven me crazy. So if you're still with me here's a meme I've seen here and there (and if you're still with me, here's another pretty flower):

Ten Knitterly Things You May Not Know About Me
1. My aunt taught me to knit when I was about ten. She taught me on chopsticks because that's all she had in the house at the time.
2. I love lace. Okay, so you probably did actually know that, but I also used to tat and crochet lace. I'd love to try bobbin lace.
3. I love to challenge myself in my knitting. I see something I want to try and I just try it.
4. I learn techniques much better from a book and trying it than someone showing me.
5. I knit continental.
6. I've only been knitting again just over two years.
7. I have been known to rip almost an entire sweater because I wasn't happy with my stitches. To my husband's dismay, my perfectionist streak does not carry over to housework.
8. I'm allergic to mohair. My sinuses get all swollen and hurt. I know this only from spinning; I don't know if it carries over to yarn. I don't think I'd ever try an all mohair yarn, but I really want to try Shaeffer Anne sock yarn, such pretty colors. It's only 25% mohair and it would eventually be on my feet. That shouldn't affect my sinuses, right?
9. I do wear the shawls I make. I don't do much in the way of fancy so I usually just wear them over a nice tank or shirt with jeans. The triangular shawls and rectangular stoles I wear draped over the shoulders and loosely tied in front. I wear them to the library, the grocery store, my kids' Tae Kwon Do class, wherever.
10. My goal in knitting is to design and knit a huge, intricate Shetland type shawl.

Okay, you've suffered enough. For those interested, the flowers are a moon flower, two morning glories and a couple of pansies.

7 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I hear ya on the laziness of people and the drive through. The line at Dunkin Donuts this morning was ridiculous and NO ONE was inside. Crazy!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful flower pictures. I don't understand why people won't go in, instead of waiting in a line for drive up. Of course the couple of places I go, always seem to have a million people waiting inside too and they always take care of drive-thru customers faster.

Loved learning more about you! I learn from books better myself.

10:51 AM  
Blogger nat said...

I want to do the huge shetland shawl thing as well. Maybe one day... :)

Your lace is always beautiful and I love looking at it. Thank you for sharing it with us!

12:07 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Pretty flowers!!

I know exactly what you mean about the drivethru - I almost always do the same thing you do and it's invariably much faster.

I have to work on wearing shawls...

1:18 PM  
Blogger Ragan said...

I am with you on the drive thru issue. I only go through the drive thru when there are a ton of people inside and no one in line outside. Your flower pic are wonderful!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

I'm with you on the perfectionist thing. How come it carries forward into everything EXCEPT housework? I don't get it. You so could design and knit a Shetland lace shawl. My very first shawl was one I designed myself. No shaping, very little gauge, just pick a lace pattern, go and make decisions on the fly!
dswaite@mac.com

8:58 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

love #1, #7 had me laughing.

pretty flower picts. :)

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home