Friday, January 26, 2007

Finally, A Finished Object for Friday!

I've really been into this alliteration thing for titles lately. But, you didn't come here for my adoration of alliteration as of late, did you? Nope, you came to see what I finished, didn't you? So, I present you, without further ado, my first finished object of 2007!

Pattern: The Hidcote Garden Shawl by the talented Miriam Felton
Finished size: About 80 X 38 which is a little smaller than the pattern specifies, but still plenty big
Needles: Size 3
Yarn: Viola Handpainted Lace from Sweet Georgia
No modification. This pattern is a joy, very interesting to do and really keeps you on your toes because of all the different decreases.
And the closeup:

I am so happy with how this shawl turned out. The yarn is just perfect and the pattern is just incredible. Maybe this weekend, I'll get some elegant modeled shots. Now, I'm already to pick Forest Path Stole back up just in time for the February start date of the KAL.

And I'm really happy to have a finished object finally. I haven't finished anything since the Hexagon Shawl. That's two whole months without a FO! I hope now to get a few rather quickly as the socks are almost done and I have a second snowman vest also nearly done.

Labels: , ,

31 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! It looks great! Well done!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

That is absolutely fabulous!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful! Great color, too. Lovely work!

10:03 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Beautiful! The color is so rich. Hidcote is a very good FO for your first of 2007.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Absolutely beautiful! I have the pattern and will definitely do it someday. For now, I need to get some things done for the start of the FPS.
dswaite@mac.com

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! It's great!!!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, it is TOTALLY stunning. I would mug you for it. ;)

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is fabulous!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH it's absolutely goregous.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Be still my heart, it is gorgeous!!!!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Oh, it is fabulous, just fabulous! Well done!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is amazing!! I adore it. Fabulous work!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

That was me-kimberly
www.thegivingflower.de

3:19 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Gorgeous! Congratulations! The color is beautiful.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

Absolutely breathtaking!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Janice in GA said...

Lovely, lovely!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a great close-up photo. So glad you joined the KAL and picked such a gorgeous color.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh, wow! It's really quite stunning. Just hopped over from Molecular Knitting.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Absolutely stunning. The color, the pattern, the knitting - all gorgeous. You should be proud

7:59 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, your Hidecote Garden Shawl is so beautiful!

Knee socks are actually pretty easy I think (not that I've ever made any "real" ones...) Theresa at the Keyboard Biologist is doing a tutorial right now... (http://www.keyboardbiologist.net
/knitblog/)

11:15 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

It's simply stunning Alison! Well done!

1:04 AM  
Blogger vtwopoint5 said...

That is just beautiful!! And I love the color too!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yummy, this is so absolutely beautiful! Amazing pattern, and the colourway is *so* gorgeous too! Fantastic accomplishment, congratulations!

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning!!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

It's stunning!!! I love the color. I've completed Miriam's Icarus Shawl and started the Mountain Peaks. I may have to try this one too.
Congratulations.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord that is simply amazing! Beautiful work!

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

4:08 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Absolutely amazing.

7:41 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

wow, it look amazing! beautiful job.

10:59 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

breathtaking!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Lacefreak said...

You did a beautiful job with that shawl! I had not considered making that one myself until I saw how yours came out. Bravo to you. I have to go get that pattern now :-)

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home