Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I Spoke Too Soon

Remember how I said yesterday that I had fixed Hidcote without having to tink any rows? Well, I was slightly mistaken. I ended up having to take out four and a half rows anyway. I knew where the mistake was, I just couldn't see well enough what was going on to fix it (lots of different decreases). Anyway, I took out the rows and now have it repaired and it's all better now. (Quick, knock on wood for me.)

Anyway, I had to show you what one of my friends gave me last night at the guild meeting. She's a fellow lace knitter extraordinaire and sock enthusiast (and if she ever gets her blog set up, you'll be able to see some of her beautiful work:) Anyway, she saw this little bookmark and thought of me and my Pup. Isn't it the cutest thing?

And of course, a sock-blocker key chain from The Loopy Ewe. She made the little sock and I can make more.


And I've been drooling over the yarns at The Loopy Ewe all morning (since Blogger was down and I couldn't post earlier) and I'm going to have to place an order soon.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's such a cute bookmark. And I love the mini sock keychain. Very cute.

Hey are you going to joing the Forest Stole KAL. I forgot that you were also knitting it, saw it on your sidebar. I just have to figure out what color I want to knit it in.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, this bookmark is just the cutest - and the little sock, awww, that's the perfect keychain indeed!
I'm so sorry you had to tink back - but okay, it could have been worse than 4 rows, no? Great to hear that the problem is solved now!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

*fingers crossed* for your shawl!

That bookmark is adorable! And you've reminded me that I need to knit a little sock for my mini-sock blocker.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on my third do-over for Hidcote. I'm hoping the 3rd time is the charm.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I missed your gifts! Of course, a lot was going on! One day I'd like to see the mini sock-blocker.

Thank goodness Hidcote didn't need any more ripping than that -- it's already looking beautiful, even in blob state. It's a pretty purple.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

What a cute little keychain abd what a darling bookmark! Good luck with the Hidcote. I'm getting the urge to throw out my current WIPs and my promises to self to work on it. Must. Stay. Strong.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margene is also working on Hidcote. See it at http://zeneedle.typepad.com/zeneedle_process_of_art/
on January 9th.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute bookmark and really nice of your friend to gift it to you. Sweetness.

Cute, cute little socklet key ring. My grand nieces got barbie dolls finally so now I'll have to make some tiny socks, too, as a wee surprise.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home