Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ten

Ten degrees. That's what it is this morning. That's pretty darn chilly, even for February. I know I was wondering where the cold weather was a few weeks ago, but man, ten? With a probable high of 29. I'm really glad I had a sock making kick last spring because I have enough wool socks. Well, you can never really have enough handknit wool socks, can you?

Well, this week has started off better than last week (well except for the lovely cold sore on my lip. If you've never had them, let me just tell you how unattractive they are. But even the cold sore is sort of left over from last week when I had some sort of wicked stomach bug or food poisoning. Compromised immune system and all that.) Anyway, I did have a point, didn't I? Oh, yeah. I won the Laceuary Survival Kit from the Hidcote KAL. Basically, if you posted before the end of January, you were entered, and the random number generator spat my number out. Cool, huh? I'll definitely show you the goodies when they arrive.

And I'll have more goodies to show soon. I sort of placed another order with The Loopy Ewe. But it's my Valentine's present, so it doesn't really count. Hey, I'm not a member of a stash-along, so I won't feel guilty! (But seriously, I'm going to finish a few pair of socks before any more sock yarn!)

I'll have a WIP to show tomorrow and no, it's not the Forest Path Stole, but I will pick that back up very soon.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on winning the kit! I'm glad that you're feeling better this week at least... 29? I would wear my light coat and not even zip it at 29!! :D It's -2, with a windchill of -16 - loads warmer than yesterday at least.

10:18 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Loopy Ewe gets me too.;-) You are having the very same weather we had. Stay warm!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

There's nothing like handknit socks when the weather dips to the single digits. Which it has here in MA. Congrats on winning the kit.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Prachi said...

Congratulations on winning the kit! I never win anything like this. Also, brrrrr! Stay warm with your new Cherry tree hill socks!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finished my socks just in time - it was 7 degrees out this morning!

Congrats on winning! :o)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Congratulations on winning the contest! I can't wait to see the haul you got fro Loopy Ewe. I just got some new sock yarns too. Yippee!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Congrats on your wim~

7:46 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Sheesh.....make that 'win'.

7:47 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

stay warm!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home