Thursday, February 15, 2007

Foxy Lady Socks and Goodies

My new socks:

The yarn: Cherry Tree Hill in Foxy Lady colorway from The Loopy Ewe (Just tell Sheri I sent you ;-)
The Needles: Size 0 DPNs
The pattern: My own really. I cast on 80 and used a 3X1 rib and since I didn't want to mess up the lovely striping pattern, I decided to use a forethought heel from Sensational Knitted Socks instead of my usual heel flap. I prefer the heel flap, it just fits my heel better, but I think if I just remember next time to put a few extra rows on the cuff whenever I do a different heel, I'll like it a little better.

I'm about to try toe-up socks for the first time. Don't know what pattern I'll be using, but the yarn will have blue in it for Project Spectrum.

My new goodies from Birdsong and the Hidcote KAL:

Yes, that's a bar of Ghirardelli Dark which is my absolute favorite chocolate in the whole world. (I don't eat many sweets anymore, but don't ever ask me to give up my chocolate!) The little pink pillow is a flax seed and lavender-filled eye pillow which will probably find it's way into my wool baskets when it's not in use. A few hard candies (really good) and of course, a magnetic chart keeper from Knit Picks. I was so upset with myself when I placed my last KP order because I forgot to order one of these. I now have one and it will be put to good use with the Forest Path Stole.

The snow/ice is melting a little, on the roads at least, and I might even be able to actually get out of the house tomorrow. Plus, new socks and new goodies. Life is good.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Gorgeous socks! I'll have to try that chocolate sometime. My favourite is the Vosges Fire Bar.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Love the socks!! If you have any toe-up questions, let me know and I can share my cobbled together method with you. :)

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great. I like the CTH Foxy Lady colorway. I'm thinking about leaving the house tomorrow, too. I've had about enough of this weather.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Beautiful socks!!!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Love the socks! Sometimes a simple rib is really the best answer for these great sock yarns.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Sheri the best? ;)

I love your new socks!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

what choc? huh, choc? did you say choc?

awww...what warm feet you have...

LOL...You're fast beyond description.

p.s. how's julie baby?

5:47 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Beautiful socks - I can see why you wouldn't want to mess up the striping.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home