Monday, February 26, 2007

Socks and Stupid Groundhog

My first toe-up sock is just about done. I'm to where the ribbing starts, but I've started the second sock so I can get it to the same spot and make sure the ribbing has the same number of rounds. (Just in case the two skeins had just a little difference in yardage.)

I might just be a convert to toe-up socks. These fit very well, snug just the way I like them, and I think I'm happy with the toe-up heel flap.

I'm not happy with the groundhog or the weathermen right now. It actually looks like the weathermen might have been smoking something been just a wee big off in their prediction of 1/4" of ice for Sunday as of Saturday night. I ask you, ladies and gentlemen, does this look like 1/4 of an inch of anything to you?

Nope, more like 6 inches.

I thought the silly little groundhog said "Early Spring". Hmph. Hard to believe in December, when the weather was an unseasonably warm 70 degrees, I was wondering where my snow was. I'm so over the white stuff now. I'm ready for spring and daffodils and birdies making a nest in our nesting box. Yet, still chilly enough for all my pretty socks.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow, I'll say they were a little off! 6 inches!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, which toe-up heel flap is THAT? Looks very cool!

Heh, our weather forecasters would've been jumping around, forecasting gloom and doom and 2 feet of ice/snow - they really overplay things here. That said, we did get a foot or so of snow.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

Send it here, send it here. I'm so cranky about the snow situation. We've had less than 2 inches total all winter. And I live in the mountains. Very unfair. I want a foot!

9:25 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Spring is just around the corner...promise! In the mean time enjoy your socks!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got your 1/4" of ice. We were supposed to have temps around 50F. I guess it was National Wrong Weather Prediction Day.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Woah, look at all that snow! I wish we had snow (but only if it's enough to close work and classes, I don't want to have to worry about trying to drive in it). I love those socks by the way, both the yarn and the pattern are gorgeous!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'd love to know which toe-up heel treatment you used too. It's a beautiful sock! And 6 inches?! !!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I'd like to know too which toe-up heel flap!

I bet the weather forecaster didn't even apologize for being so wrong. They never do.

Great looking sock!

1:44 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Sometimes I am also very fanatic about having the same number of rounds for both socks. ;)
Your FPS is coming along nicely!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, yeah that's a bit more then a 1/4 inch. I think this weather system this year has thrown everyone for a loop, I wanted winter in December not the end of February. We are having tons of flooding around us, minor stuff, but everything is soaked.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Your socks look lovely! It is a nice marriage of yarn and pattern!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

No snow here :)

Love the socks!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned a long time ago not to trust a weatherman ;o)

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! (sorry I forgot to say that...)

10:52 PM  
Blogger AlisonH said...

That sock is gorgeous! And hey, could you do me a favor? Throw a snowball for me? All I get these days, living in exile in California, is what I can shave off the freezer before the defrost cycle. I know, I know, it's easy to miss it when you don't have to shovel it.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the socks and oh my gosh look at all that snow! Its been sunny and 60 down here....

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home