Monday, February 26, 2007

Socks and Stupid Groundhog

My first toe-up sock is just about done. I'm to where the ribbing starts, but I've started the second sock so I can get it to the same spot and make sure the ribbing has the same number of rounds. (Just in case the two skeins had just a little difference in yardage.)

I might just be a convert to toe-up socks. These fit very well, snug just the way I like them, and I think I'm happy with the toe-up heel flap.

I'm not happy with the groundhog or the weathermen right now. It actually looks like the weathermen might have been smoking something been just a wee big off in their prediction of 1/4" of ice for Sunday as of Saturday night. I ask you, ladies and gentlemen, does this look like 1/4 of an inch of anything to you?

Nope, more like 6 inches.

I thought the silly little groundhog said "Early Spring". Hmph. Hard to believe in December, when the weather was an unseasonably warm 70 degrees, I was wondering where my snow was. I'm so over the white stuff now. I'm ready for spring and daffodils and birdies making a nest in our nesting box. Yet, still chilly enough for all my pretty socks.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow, I'll say they were a little off! 6 inches!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, which toe-up heel flap is THAT? Looks very cool!

Heh, our weather forecasters would've been jumping around, forecasting gloom and doom and 2 feet of ice/snow - they really overplay things here. That said, we did get a foot or so of snow.

9:20 AM  
Blogger skhpottery said...

Send it here, send it here. I'm so cranky about the snow situation. We've had less than 2 inches total all winter. And I live in the mountains. Very unfair. I want a foot!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

We had the same forecast and the same results too! What is up with that? Did you have the big fluffy and heavy flakes in abundance too? Admittedly it was/is gorgeous, but could they have been more wrong? And just as the huge amounts of ice were melting too...

Beautiful sock Alison!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Margene said...

Spring is just around the corner...promise! In the mean time enjoy your socks!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Mindy said...

We got your 1/4" of ice. We were supposed to have temps around 50F. I guess it was National Wrong Weather Prediction Day.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Woah, look at all that snow! I wish we had snow (but only if it's enough to close work and classes, I don't want to have to worry about trying to drive in it). I love those socks by the way, both the yarn and the pattern are gorgeous!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'd love to know which toe-up heel treatment you used too. It's a beautiful sock! And 6 inches?! !!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I'd like to know too which toe-up heel flap!

I bet the weather forecaster didn't even apologize for being so wrong. They never do.

Great looking sock!

1:44 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Sometimes I am also very fanatic about having the same number of rounds for both socks. ;)
Your FPS is coming along nicely!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

Um, yeah that's a bit more then a 1/4 inch. I think this weather system this year has thrown everyone for a loop, I wanted winter in December not the end of February. We are having tons of flooding around us, minor stuff, but everything is soaked.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Your socks look lovely! It is a nice marriage of yarn and pattern!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

No snow here :)

Love the socks!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

I learned a long time ago not to trust a weatherman ;o)

10:51 PM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

Beautiful socks! (sorry I forgot to say that...)

10:52 PM  
Blogger AlisonH said...

That sock is gorgeous! And hey, could you do me a favor? Throw a snowball for me? All I get these days, living in exile in California, is what I can shave off the freezer before the defrost cycle. I know, I know, it's easy to miss it when you don't have to shovel it.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Angel said...

I love the socks and oh my gosh look at all that snow! Its been sunny and 60 down here....

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home