Thursday, March 01, 2007

Project Spectrum


I took this picture a couple of weeks ago with all the ice. I just thought it looked pretty cool and very grey or blue. Which is sort of how I feel today. We got a new dishwasher yesterday. Cool, huh? Nope, we got the defective one. They are hopefully supposed to be back out today with another one. This is the second time that something like this has happened to us in the last six months. A pretty substantial purchase and it dies (or never works properly in the first place). The first was a new TV that died after only two months. Completely kaput. So, does that mean things aren't being made well, or are they being dropped at the stores/warehouses more often? Or are we just incredibly unlucky when it comes to this sort of thing?

*Sigh* No knitting to show. Second sock is to the heel turn. Oh, for those of you who have asked, the toe-up heel flap is from the Sensational Knitted Socks book. Just look for the Oriel pattern. (Yes, I am too lazy to get up and get the book right now. I've just had a trying couple of days. Sick kids, sick dishwashers.) Well, at least it looks like spring is one the horizon. Nights are still pretty cold, but the days seem warmer and sunnier. I'm wondering if I should go dig out my daffodil bed; that's where all the snow from the driveway always ends up and never melts.

You just ever have one of those weeks? I'll try to be less crabby with the next post. Promise.

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous picture! Oh yeah, I know those weeks well...

Kinda weird, but the same thing happened to my brother and SIL a few weeks ago - the new dishwasher they got didn't work and they had have it replaced without ever using it once.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

So sorry for the back week. Take heart - spring will be here soon. I love the picture. And yes, go uncover those daffodils. You need some flowers!
dswaite@mac.com

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I think "those weeks" is in the forecast right now. It seems everyone is having a bad one, me included.

You know i do think things aren't being made as well as they once were. And you may be on to something regarding handling, no one puts care into their work anymore.

That is an awesome picture. It should be a piece of artwork.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

We had an awful and long experience with a new fridge so I understand. Hope the new dishwasher is absolutely perfect.

10:37 AM  
Blogger vtwopoint5 said...

I was having one of those weeks too. Then I made myself get out for dinner and movie and felt better. Your picture is neat!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Nothing is manufactured as well as it once was. Hopefully, everything will turn around for you and don't worry about the venting, we all understand!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great picture for Project Spectrum.

I hope your new dishwasher works beautifully. It's so discouraging when new things don't work right. Hang in there!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well back in GA here my daffodils are beautiful, yellow bells blooming, and hyanciths in full bloom. And temperatures in the 70's a couple of days.
Don't you wish you were back South?

Mom

2:38 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Love the picture. I've definitely had one of those days. I hope it passes soon. Maybe some quiet time with a sock or a shawl will see it on its way.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

it's fine to be just yourself, glad you let it out.

could be a combination of all the reasons you said.

our dishwasher's down too. we have no problem handwashing the dishes but it ain't draining. yeah, we have to scoop out the water. see, at least your replacement is coming in soon. another thing to be happy for ;)

((hugs))

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope things have gotten better...let me ask you this, did you put a sticker on either the diswasher or the TV? ;o)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home