Thursday, March 15, 2007

Houston, We Have Pictures

Well, our old camera (I say old, but it was only 2 or 3 years old) stopped recognizing batteries. It sort of doesn't work if it doesn't recognize the fact that there are good batteries in there. Anyway, we decided to see what has happened to technology in the past couple of years and get a new one. It's smaller and will take some getting used to getting the settings just right, but in the mean time, I actually have pictures to show. Yeah!

First up is my Jaywalker:

It's not bad, but it really is hard to capture the vibrance of the yarn, even with a really good camera. Maybe I'll get the settings just right sometime. As for the sock itself, not much progress.

I've been distracted by this:

It's a cross-stitch I started a while back, but put down. I have the woman's shawl just about done. Yes, it looks huge, but most of the garden in the background are actually only half cross-stitches. But it's still big. Don't worry though; I'll get back to knitting a lot soon. Just taking a short mojo break while I make the transition from winter knitting to spring. Hex Coat is pretty much on hold now until it gets cool again, but I have something in mind for my first spring project. Just have to wait for the yarn I need to come in so I can order it. Then I'll share.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Chris was right, that colorway makes great Jaywalkers!

Your cross-stitch project is looking beautiful. That's one needlecraft I can't seem to master - no matter how many times I count the stitches, they don't seem to be right when I move to the next row! (And mine is a simple project!)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yay for new cameras!! The Jays look great!

Crosstitch scares me, although I do have a kit from Subversive Crosstitch...

11:32 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Your Jaywalkers look great! Yay for the new camera!

I love that Cross-Stitch pattern! I've been tempted to do a Cross-Stitch project myself. I'm just not sure what. There are so many tempting patterns.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the jaywalkers look cool- I have some yarn that I keep meaning to use for a pair but everytime I try to get started I can't seem to go forward- I guess I have issues knitting socks that follow a pattern.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lovely cross-stitch pattern. I've been very tempted to do another project lately, but I'm even worse about UFOs than I am with knitting. Maybe partly because I started when I was so young (6 or 7)?

7:22 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

yay for the new camera and the jaywalkers (i love new cameras).

and the cross-stitch is lovely.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Wow, the cross stitch is going to be so gorgeous! I love it!
Your jaywalkers are coming along nicely too!

2:01 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great yarn for the Jaywalkers!

I do a little counted cross-stitch. I have an autumn scene I started one summer, and I didn't get it done for that Fall or the next Fall. Maybe this Fall!

2:46 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

jaywalkers is the perfect pattern for the yarn :-)

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful jaywalker - that yarn is perfect for it!

Love the x-stitch!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home