Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm Stuck

This is my new sock:

It's a toe-up and the toe is as far as I've gotten. I can't decide on a pattern for the sock. I love the yarn - it's Interlacements for any one curious, very rich, lovely colors. But for some reason, I can't come up with a pattern. It's frustrating me considerably.

Forest Path is coming along very slowly. I'm now about to begin on tier 6. It looks pretty much the same as the last picture, so really no point in pictures.

My presentation went well; thanks for all the "good lucks". I basically got my stuff together, had a general idea of how I wanted to go about it and totally winged it. I showed how to make and use button molds and how to make canes. In May, I'll be helping with a spinning demonstration for the guild.

I baked bread yesterday - kneaded the dough myself and out from the oven came just about the best bread I've had in a very long time. Nice silky texture on the inside, crisp, but not tough crust. And all whole wheat.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Glad your presentation went well. Home made baked bread is one of the best smells (and tastes!) ever.

9:21 AM  
Blogger margene said...

I love kneading bread! Haven't done it in years but oh my it smells, tastes and feeeels so good.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I don't think any of us are surprised to hear that your presentation went well :-)

As for the sock, the colors are so pretty and pretty high contrast due to the color temperatures so I'd probably stick with some sort of ribbing just so the pattern doesn't fight too much with the gorgeous yarn.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh cute little toe-up sock! You know I have never tried toe-up socks myself and keep meaning too- but there is so much that I keep meaning to try out with knitting- its a never-ending cycle.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

What about Baby Cable or Elongated Rib from SKS? I have some Claudia's Handpaint that I'm considering both of those for.

Love homemade bread. Have half a loaf left. Need to think about making some soon.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

hope the yarn will tell you what pattern it wants soon :)

yay, way to go on a successful demonstration!!

i just had breakfast and i'm hungry again!

:)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

There is nothing like homemade bread, or homemade anything for that matter! And the best things about homemade bread? You get the best bread possible plus if you're ticked at someone, you get to take out all that aggression when kneading the dough!

Glad to hear that your presentation went well!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

You baked bread!? Wow. Glad the presentation went well!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Monkey? Falling Leaves from knitty (fall 2005, I think). Jaywalker?

4:23 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

There's nothing like homemade bread to soothe the harried soul! And the crazy thing is most people don't realize it is really easy if you just put in the time to knead properly and let it rise the requisite number of times. I'm home tonight - I think I might bake up a loaf or two too!

As for the sock... well, the colors are quite jewel-like in my mind - do you have any patterns that make you think of jewels?

5:02 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I feel similarly frustrated with the pair of socks I have on the needles. Even though I do have a pattern going, it's not very satisfying. I hope you find something that suits your fancy soon.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well - those are some beautiful colors!

12:41 AM  
Blogger vtwopoint5 said...

The yarn looks great! I've been thinking about baking bread lately, but I don't know if I will get around to it. Back in the day, I baked all of our bread for a few years. Hmm....now I'm more inspired....:)

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home