Thursday, March 22, 2007

If I had been blogging at the time... or The Wedding Story

Chris held a contest recently about what you would have written about if you had been blogging at the time and I posted a comment about knitting the Ballet Wrap Sweater and figuring out that my purl gauge was a wee bit looser than the knit. Reading all the funny stuff about what people would have blogged about reminded me of something and I'm sure my mother will appreciate (or not) as well. When my mother remarried several years ago, I was her maid of honor and therefore responsible for getting all the stuff together after the wedding and reception. She and my stepfather were supposed to be heading to Florida afterwards and they had left to get stuff together back home and we were supposed to meet them there. I put all the stuff in the trunk and realized after closing the trunk that I put ALL the stuff in the trunk including the keys. Wouldn't have mattered so much if it was one of those cars that had the back seat that would let down into the trunk or had a open-trunk switch, but of course, it wasn't. And the extra set of keys? They were in my mom's purse which was also in the trunk. We called my mom and stepdad and they had to come back to the church and they finally got through the backseat into the trunk to get the keys. They didn't get to Flordia because it was too late by that point. They went to a nice local cottage. She really should have known better than to trust an absent-minded klutz, right?

I know this is a knitting blog, but it's really hard when there hasn't been a whole lot of knitting going on. I have one Jaywalker which I've just started the cuff (I'm doing them toe-up.) I'll show progress soon. FPS is sort of slow going. I have something in mind from Victorian Lace Today, but I haven't gotten around to winding the yarn yet. I'm just experiencing serious knitting ennui lately.

Exciting news though - Spring is definitely on the way:

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

That's a funny story. Your crocuses look like my crocuses!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I'm not stranger to that sort of thing. I locked the keys in the mini-van with the van running one time. Fortunately my grandfather had an extra set at his house and delivered them to us.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - I bet it's a story that is a lot funnier now than when it was happening!! Thanks for sharing - and I can TOTALLY see myself doing the same thing...

12:31 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Boy do I hear you on the knitting ennui!!

Love the spring flowers, so cheery!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story - and great crocuses ;o)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oy. That sounds like something I would have done.

So that's what a crocus looks like. I had no idea. We don't have them here you see.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is funny.

I think the knitting has been slow for many, I think it's spring that's slowing us all down.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Locked the keys in the car while running - yup!

Locked the keys in the house - yup! (Was able to push the corrugated thing next to the air conditioner aside, and crawl in that way. Then I fixed that security problem.)

So, not much knitting progress (like the rest of us, for once!). Show us your cross-stitch progress, or as you're doing, discuss possible future projects, etc. We just like to hear from you!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Because I live alone (with a cat) and keep my extra car key in a drawer in the kitchen, I have made an inviolable standard practice: I will not push "Lock" on my key fob until the car doors are all shut. I will not lock the doors while open and put the key in my purse just to avoid having it in my hand (I never seem to have pockets), because I've almost locked the keys/purse in when doing that. So far, so good.

I was really, really bad and started my Jaywalker sock (top down) last night. Cherry Tree Hill "Gypsy Rose." I got about 3.5 inches done--very pretty.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home