Monday, March 19, 2007

New Yarn and The Mystery of the Pink Spot

First, the new yarn:

This is Seacoast Panda (merino, bamboo, nylon) from The Loopy Ewe, of course. The colors are Beach Glass (top) and Thistle (bottom). I didn't realize they would be this similar, but they do have subtle differences. The Thistle has more purple, purple pink and a darker blue green and the Beach Glass has more pink. Both are lovely and the stuff is soft and shiny. I'm glad I grabbed a couple of skeins. I have to get around to using them. I had originally intended to get some of the Louet Gems, that's what I went to Sheri's site for - some solid colors, then I ran across the Seacoast and couldn't resist. I ended up NOT getting any Gems and only one solid color in Regia Silk.

I need to check the gauge to see if it will work for the project in mind. If it does, I'll need to get some in pink and then I'll let you in on my spring project.

I'm sure you're wondering about The Mystery of the Pink Spot. Saturday night before I went to bed, I was going to kiss the kids goodnight as always. When I went into my youngest's room, I smelled something funny, sort of sour or acrid, but I couldn't quite place it. It wasn't strong, just there. I looked around, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary except that she was wearing a vest over her pajamas which she usually doesn't do. (Should have been a clue.) I kissed her (sound asleep) and went to my room leaving hers open to air. Paranoid that I am, the smell bothered me so I went back to her room. She rolled over and her shirt pulled up a little and I saw a pink spot about the size of a dime on her stomach. It was sort of irregularly shaped and there were a couple of smaller dots a little higher up. I watch too much House, MD so I'm thinking "Okay, what sort of disease does my daughter have with a pink spot on her stomach? Did she hit herself in the stomach?" I went in my bathroom, worrying excessively, to find my cabinet open which is odd because it's my cabinet for my bath stuff and what little makeup I own. DH doesn't go near it. I opened up a drawer and saw a bottle of red fingernail polish with little fingerprints on it. You know, that pink spot did look a little shiny. I went back to her room and opened up the vest to this:

The fingernail polish had seeped through the shirt to her stomach. Smell solved, weird pink spot explained. Miraculously that is all she got polish on. At least all that I've found. Sigh. (Anyone know how to get fingernail polish off of clothing? It's 100% cotton if that means anything.)

Stay tuned. Chris posed a question last week about what would you have blogged about had you been blogging at the time. I've got a pretty good one about a wedding.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

At least she didn't drink the stuff, right?!?? Have you tried fingernail polish remover? It probably would "eat" an artificial fiber, but I would think cotton would be ok.

The wedding story sounds intriguing. :)

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Seacoast yarn! A lot of the shops around here carry it and it's beautiful. Nail polish is a tough one, have yuo tried a little straight acetone?

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm. I like them both, but I love the beach glass.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd try non-acetote fingernail polish first.

I love the Beach Glass, mostly because I just love the beach and have very fond memories of shell hunting when I was little with my mom.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I'm starting to think that watching House can be dangerous to one's mental health, LOL! I'm glad your daughter's disease turned out to be nail polish, LOL!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I like the Thistle. The dusky blue is really gorgeous.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay,blogger hates me- I tried commenting earlier but it kept freaking out.... anyway I love the yarn that you picked- the colors are totally dreamy.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

non-acetone polish remover should work miracles...

Love the new yarn! :o)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

awww,....that's such a cute account! (OK, when the shirt is not yours to launder)...

3:20 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

have you ever seen the stain remover called kiss-off?
http://www.kissoff.com/

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home