Thursday, April 12, 2007

More Chicago and Maybe Just a Little Yarn

The trip to Chicago - it was cold. Cold is, of course, a relative term. I'm from Georgia and have never lived north of Virginia, so I may find certain temps a little colder than someone from, oh let's say, Minnesota ;-). I have actually gotten used to temps in the 30s, but in the week preceding our trip to Chicago, it was in the 70s and nearly 80 here, so 30 degree weather was cold. (Granted, it did get that low here while we were gone, too, so I would have been complaining about the cold here, too.) Anyway, now that I've completely bored most of you, for any still reading, on our first day we went to the aquarium.

We saw a baby Beluga Whale with its mom:

Penguins:

An octupus who had to be the most bored octopus in the world because he kept climbing up the rocks in its display, then letting go and floating down to the bottom only to start all over:

There were also lots of lizards and fish, of course. Lots of underwater viewing for the whales and dolphins. Pretty nice aquarium.

In Millennium Park, we saw this odd sculpture named, "Cloud's Gate" (I think) because locals just refer to it as "The Bean". Wonder why:


I did not get to any yarn shops in Chicago (I know, hard to believe). But for those of you still with me, here's something that was waiting at home for me:

That's Regia silk in pink (mere coincidence that it's one of Project Spectrum's colors) from The Loopy Ewe. And I'm still not going to tell you what it's for just yet :) Soon.

And also waiting was my Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival catalog. Less than a month to go! Anyone else going to be there? And is anyone hosting a blogger meetup this year?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Aw, the baby beluga must've been really cute! Hmm, using the Regia Silk for a tank top or a lacy cardi?

9:26 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

The baby whale and the penguins are adorable!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Maybe that's the equivalent of an octopus roller coaster :)

I love Regia Silk, I can't wait to see what you make!!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Glad you had a great trip! Love the octopus photo. They are amazing.

Such a pretty pink in the Regia Silk! Curious to see what you have planned for it!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get to go to MSWF this year, waaah! I'm moving somewhere on the Virginia/North Carolina border next year though, and try keeping me away after that!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Deenz said...

Heh...and my first AW CUUUUUTE was solely for the octopus. What can I say, lol!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home