Friday, April 20, 2007

Regia Skirt

The first half of my skirt is about 8 rows from being done. See:

I would have finished last night, but I've been re-reading the Harry Potter series and I was so close to finishing Book 5 that I decided to finish that. So now, only one more book to go before the last book. I really hope the seventh is worth the wait; I mean, it would really bite to have six really good books and have it all ruined by the last one. Not that that's what I'm expecting or anything, I'm just sayin'. Anyway, where was I, oh, yeah, the skirt. Even though it's on size 3s, it's going pretty fast because it's mostly stockinette with just a bit of very simple lace thrown in. See how elegant simple can be? It will be blocked before being sewn together.

I'm really not trying to be so very mysterious about the next lined-up project (after the Shapely Tee and skirt). It's the Bonsai Tunic from the current issue of IK. Here's a close-up. I'm actually using the recommended yarn for once. I think that's probably a first for me, but I'm using a different color - just scroll down for the blue. Webs hasn't even charged my card yet, so who knows when it will actually ship.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that skirt is going fast! I ordered a few things from Webs at the beginning of the week, still waiting for it to hit my card. It usually takes a while during their anniversary sale though, they get so busy.

8:20 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

the skirt looks great so far! can't wait to see it finished.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That skirt is really cute! Wow, it went fast.

Have you ever listened to the Harry Potter books? The reader, Jim Dale, is amazing.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Cute skirt and I love the Bonsai Tunic!

9:34 AM  
Blogger margene said...

That's so cute! I can't wait to see it finished.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Prachi said...

It's beautiful! I like how the pattern breaks up the monotony of colour, and gives the skirt a swish. You must model it for the blog when it's done.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The skirt is coming along nicely! It will be so pretty!

The bonsai tunic is a lovely design, and the blue a great color. I really enjoy seeing the projects you knit!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty skirt, and pretty blue! You'll look good in both!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been re-listening to the HP books and I hear ya, I hope the last one doesn't suck. If she kills off Harry I think she might have to go into hiding ;o) Oh, and is Dumbledore *really* dead? hehe

Beautiful skirt - can't wait to see the finished project!

9:40 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

What a pretty skirt! You are doing a fantastic job with it, as always :-)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh that looks great!! I think I'm going to call around and see if I can get 7 balls of regia silk. What size are making? What do you think about knitting it in the round? I would just have to adjust the lace patterns to knitting in the round but I kind of thing it would be cool without the seem up the side. What do you think?

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home