Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Finished Object!

My tank is finished:

Okay, I have to sew in the rest of the ends, but it is finished and it fits beautifully. Maybe some modeled shots this weekend when I have someone else to hold the camera. I think I'll probably be making another one because it does fit and I just love it.
Spec:
Pattern: Shapely Tank from White Lies Designs
Yarn: Shine from Knitpicks in Orchard
Needles: Size 6 (with 5s for the edging)
Modifications: I got perfect row gauge, but my stitch gauge was a bit tight, so I just went up to the next size in the pattern and it worked out perfectly. I really do love this tank. Can't you tell? I'm really looking forward to her book next month.

Can you believe it's less than two weeks until the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival?! I'm going with a knitting/spinning friend this year so it should be incredibly fun. Anyone else going?

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

It's really beautiful - just the sort of tank I've been looking for. Can't wait to see the model shots.
dswaite@mac.com

9:27 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It turned out really, really well!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I bet that'll look great when you put it on. :-)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Very pretty!

I'm considering Shine for one of the tanks in the new IK. Do you think it's too heavy for our hot Va summers?

10:38 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Beautiful tank, such a happy color!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love the way that came out! It's so pretty!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The tank looks really pretty! I'm glad it fits you so well. I really love the color.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love it! How does it fit, are you happy with the shaping?

7:58 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

can't wait til the modelled shots!

8:25 AM  
Blogger vtwopoint5 said...

That's a very nice tank! I love the color too.
I just got my first ball of Shine yarn today and I can't believe how soft it is.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Great job!! I want to see it on!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Prachi said...

It's a beautiful pink! Very neat and shapely, but I echo the comments above: wear it and take some pictures!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home