Monday, May 07, 2007

Pictures Tomorrow, I Promise

I know, you want to see the goodies purchased at the fiber fest this weekend and I promise pictures tomorrow! I went with a friend and we braved the insanity that is Socks that Rock and I got my very first skeins of the stuff (though my friend had already shown me several skeins). Heaven. I also got a bit of fibery goodness (like I've actually used what I got last year). And we saw lots of fibery livestock. But all that's tomorrow, I promise. (The reason I can't show you today is my friend accidentally grabbed one of my bags when I dropped her off. I called her when I got home panicked and she told me yes, she had my bag. Pretty easy to do with the back seat full of bags and all. I'm telling you the panic that accompanied finding a bunch of stuff missing was unpleasant, but she'll be bringing the stuff to our monthly guild meeting tonight, so pictures tomorrow.)

Also, sometime this week, I'll be posting pictures of my skirt. I'm finishing off the crochet border today and putting in the elastic. I know I've said it before, but I'm seriously wondering if I should sacrifice yarn to the knitting gods, because this skirt fits perfectly! That's two actual gauge-important projects in a row that have worked for me. I need to find a half-slip to go underneath and it is on my to-wear this week list.

I mentioned earlier that guild meeting is tonight and I'm going to be helping with a spinning presentation. I think I'm going to find my carders and take along a little raw wool just to show the process, but the wheel and some spindles are also going along. It will be the first time I've used the wheel in a while. Don't know how I'm going to carry all the fibery purchases, FOs and the wheel into the meeting to show off. I need a couple more arms. Of course, that would be useful for everyday, wouldn't it? It might look really odd, but an extra arm to hold a book to read while I knit would be nice.

Until tomorrow...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

I'm looking forward to it all!!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

No No! More arms would mean more sleeves, and who really likes to knit that second sleeve. Imagine how hard the second one would be if there was a third! Much easier to make two trips :)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm going to have to make two trips in from the car tonight, myself. I have my wheel, my basket o' fiber and wheel supplies, my spindle bag, my knitting bag, your unintentionally-purloined bag, and my bin of MDS&W purchases. Oy.

I was explaining spinning to my manager a few minutes ago. I think I need to get one of my spindles from the car and demonstrate for him!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm looking forward to all the pictures too! What a great weekend you had!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Looking forward to seeing your goodies, and VERY glad that the bag wasn't really lost. Whew! Also much looking forward to the skirt - it sounds fabulous.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home