Friday, May 04, 2007

S&W Tomorrow!

I was hoping to have the skirt finished by today, but the little embroidery is taking a little longer than anticipated. I should still have it finished by Monday even with all the excitement tomorrow. (I hope.) The weather forecast is good and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way. Not too much progress has been made with the Bonsai Tunic because I was trying to finish the skirt, but as it's on size 8s and 6s, I don't anticipate it taking too long.

I got my Summer IK yesterday (really seems like I just got the Spring edition). There's not too much I feel I have to do for the summer. I did think the Josephine Top was cute and that may be on my summer knit list. Otherwise, for Virginia weather anyway, most of the rest that I liked seems more fall/winter. My eye was definitely caught by the cover sweater and Shirley Paden's Oriel Lace Blouse. And I liked the Little Smocked Cardigan as well. I almost forgot about the Spiral Boot Socks.

I hope to see some bloggers at the S&W tomorrow, but if you are unable to attend this year, I'll be thinking about you with all the fibery goodness and I promise you can live vicariously through me and my pictures next week! Have a good weekend everyone!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time tomorrow, and get losts of good stuff! I'll be looking forward to your recap!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so-o-o-o jealous! Bit of a hike for a midwestern girl. One of these years I may have to talk my husband into a mini-vacation in Maryland. "Oh, is there a yarn event on the same weekend? Cool!"

Have fun and spend the money I get to keep in my pocket (at least until Stitches Midwest in August.)

Blessings,
Susan

P.S. Am I now officially de-lurked?

11:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was pretty severely disappointed by the new Interweave Knits. I got mine last night, and I've already read the whole thing. Not much there I'd make for myself, and I still don't like the new "gallery" way of showing the featured garments. I liked the old, more compact design.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Have a great time! I'll eagerly await pictures.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Have a great time!!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Have a great time...can't wait to see the skirt and the Bonsai tunic. I've been craving that one since the Spring IK, in the lovely dark red colorway. (I like the green and your blue, too, they're just not my colors.)

And I'm with you on the Summer designs--they work for summer up here in the land of rain and hardly-ever-above-75, but for y'all in more, well, SUMMERY climes--????what?

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home