Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Two Scarves and Some Towels

I know, original title. I've been weaving a bit more and have finished a couple more scarves. There are actually two scarves here, from the same lovely variegated warp, so they do look very similar at first glance.
The one on the right, being modeled by Brownie, has a blue weft, and the one on the left has a pink weft. It is a plainweave, using the "No Hassle Rayon Slub Scarves" pattern from Yarn Barn of Kansas. These scarves were washed by hand, mostly air dried, then tossed in the dryer for a few minutes, and they came out of the dryer so very soft and drapey.

See, they are two separate scarves:


Before I did the scarves, I'd finished some lovely red and white towels:

These towels were all done on the same red and white striped warp. The top towel is in plainweave with a red weft. The second towel is done in a basketweave with white weft, the third towel is white weft and plainweave and the bottom towel is plainweave with stripes of red and white weft.

I promise I'll get to some knitting someday. I do have a knitting project underway that I hope to finish before winter. But today, I'm warping for a bamboo/wool scarf.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarves and towels.
I'll take some towels in shades of green. Mom

3:04 PM  
Blogger jody said...

I'll take some towels in whatever color you want!

Your weaving is lovely and I'm happy to say it doesn't tempt me in the least. ;)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey, I like weaving, I like pens... :D

They looks great, both scarves and towels.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home