Friday, May 07, 2010

Hi

Okay, folks, I know I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still here. Just not knitting so much right now (way too many hobbies in the works). I did go to the Maryland Sheep and Wool and came out of there without a single fiber related item for myself. The kids got spindles and fiber, but I didn't get a single spindle, no yarn and no fiber for myself. Amazing, isn't it? I did, however, get two beautiful new fountain pens from the guy who turns wood. (I've gotten beautiful hair sticks in the past from him.)

The one on the left is holly and is actually a bit more cream-colored than the bright white in the picture; the one on the right is acrylic in an amazing pink color. It just so happens that I have an ink that nearly matches it exactly (J. Herbin's Rouge Bourgogne).

Unfortunately, even though I haven't been posting, I've been getting quite a few spam comments (most not even in English; thank you Google Translate), even with the sign-in requirement. So, now I've had to move to comment moderation. I really hate having to do that; it's a knitting blog for goodness sake! The most controversial thing on here is the spam.

4 Comments:

Blogger ginaknits said...

Thanks for letting me know about livemocha. I LOOOOVE trying to learn new languages and I have been having a blast with Italian, Japanese, and Russian. It is fantastically fun. Thanks again!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Jan said...

So nice to hear from you again!

Didn't see you at the last Guild meeting! Glad you're doing okay!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

As someone who's barely knitting, far be it from me to give you grief! Gorgeous pens!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

i've been knitting so little i actually moved my blog to another site. o.O

love the pens! :)

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home