Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WIP Wednesday

Well, it's Wednesday and that means WIPs:

Some of my WIPs are now FOs, so there's not a lot. The snowman vest hasn't really progressed much so there's not much point in showing it. But I can show you the new socks I started in Lisa Souza's Shade Garden.

Sometimes, I can play with Adobe and get something that approximates the real color. Not so with this stuff. It's just too rich with too many lovely colors. A lot of what looks black in the photo is actually just a little black with some lovely deep purples, both blue-purple and red-purple. The name is just so fitting. It reminds me of a dark, cool garden with deep greens and other colors with just specks of sunlight peeping through.

My other WIP is actually spinning. It's been a WIP for quite a while since I'm spinning it laceweight.

It's merino from The Fiber Denn. I plan to Navajo-ply it to maintain the color changes and hopefully someday I'll have enough for another Landscape Shawl. I love lace, but I sometimes love something simple just to show off lovely yarn. (Notice the above socks are just plain old stockinette. I just couldn't bring myself to try and make a pattern compete for attention with that stuff.)

I figured I should practice a bit since I agreed to be part of a spinning demonstration at our local library in a couple of weekends. This weekend is a local fiber fest though and I am looking forward to that.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison,

More beautiful stuff! I didn't get to come over on Monday, but I loved both your shawls in person, too.

Jan

9:11 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

A spinning demo at the library! How cool!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

The colors on both your Souza sock and your spinning are lovely!!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Mitz said...

I just found your blogg today and I love it. You have so much purple! I love purple, I will tag you on my blog and you can expect more visits from me.
And I love your shawls...

12:31 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

You sure have a way with the purples girl! So pretty!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Alison's right--her Lisa Souza sock is prettier in person. I checked out the site--pretty things. I indulged in two skeins of Blue Moon Socks that Rock instead, because I've been covety over it for a while.

I'll be going to the Fall Fiber Festival on Sunday (Ren Faire on Saturday), so I guess I won't see you there (gotta meet your girls some day).

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock colors look great, I love jewel-tones myself.

You are a purple kind-gal aren't you? Well I guess I must be channelling a bit of you now that I am working on my big purple sweater.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

A kindred spirit! I love lace knitting. I haven't had much time to devote to it lately so it was so nice seeing your projects.

I laughed when you talked about having a boring life. I'd sure like to go back to boring myself, lol!

Very nice blog!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! That spinning is so pretty-great colors. I have that lace problem too. I just knit a lace shawl that is not me but I just had to have it. Knitting it was so fun.

12:15 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

What beautiful spinning! I'd love to see it when it is plied up!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home