Sunday, October 08, 2006

What a Day for a Fiber Festival


Yep, folks, that's mud. That's a lot of mud. After about two days of rain, Montpelier was pretty much under three inches or so of mud. Some of the vendors weren't even able to be there, but of course, silly fiber fanatic that I am, I showed up. (Thank goodness for rain boots!) The mud didn't stop me from finding a few things to take home.

I got sock yarn from Spirit Trail Fiberworks. (Don't say that I didn't need any more sock yarn. I know that I didn't need any more. Really this is the last for a while. Okay, not counting the stuff that I ordered and is in Felicia's dyeing queue. No more.)

And a bit of fiber. Apparently, this was the fiber fest for natural colors.

Clockwise, starting in the lower right corner: the creamy stuff is bombyx silk, the brown stuff beside it is llama, the gray stuff in the upper left corner is alpaca/merino and finally the tan shiny stuff is cashmere silk (so very soft). I'll get to spinnning some of it sometime. (Just like I'll get to all the sock yarn sometime.) This is the last stuff until I use up a bit. Really, I do have some self-control. I do.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Raye said...

I so wanted to go to the festival, but the rain just ruined that for me. We had between 10 and 12 inches yesterday. Maybe I'll get there next year. How did y'all fare with all the rain and wind?

5:04 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oohh. I love the sock yarn. Lovely stuff!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cashmere silk! I bet that's incredible. I have a cashmere silk blend too, waiting to be spun up!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely items, and you had more self-control then I would, even with a minimum amount of vendors. I tend to go way overboard.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous sock yarn and fiber!! Looks like it was worth braving the mud. :)

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that fiber! Drool.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Evil, evil mud. On Sunday, they let only all-wheel and 4-wheel drive vehicles park on the grass/mud field. They told everyone else, "Just find parking somewhere."

An hour and a half later, the State Police showed up and started threatening anyone who'd parked along the road (which is where EVERYONE w/o 4WD had parked!). I decided to give up then. I think I missed two tents. I was not happy.

I bought about 2300 yards of natural cream/white laceweight alpaca (may dye after knitting a shawl pattern I have that includes dyeing instructions) and about 2400 yards of hand-dyed shaded purple laceweight silk from one vendor, some Austermann Step and a Fixation sock kit and a horse brass w/ a spinning wheel from another, some Gems Pearl lavender/white swirled yarn and some sheep buttons from another, and that was about it.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Neither rain nor sleet nor mud can keep a fiber lover down, huh? LOVE that sock yarn!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home