Friday, May 25, 2007

New Yarn

Not much knitting going on as I've been under the weather the last week or so. Seems to be going around Blogland, but I'm feeling better now. Just in time for new yarn. From Webs, I got this beautiful Cascade Cloud 9:

The pink and lavender are discontinued colors, so they were almost half-off. It's a merino/angora blend and heaven to the touch. These colors are for the long-sleeved versions of Sahara and Simple Knitted Bodice. And for a couple of no-sleeved versions of Sahara:

That's Pima Silk from Misti Alpaca. I was thinking about doing two of the no-sleeve Sahara. The pink might have a white neck for accent and the dark purple might have the lighter lavender for the neck. I'm not sure yet. I'm planning on maybe sewing some Swarovski crystals along the neck though either way.

Note that I've given up all pretense of not liking pink and purple. I just plain like the colors and I might as well go with it.

Anyway, Monday I hope to have Bonsai finished and put together, so stay tuned.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, those are great colors for a Sahara! Have a great weekend - looking forward to seeing the finished Bonsai.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Those sweaters are going to look fabulous! Have a great long weekend!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Yummy yarn! I, too, am eager to see your finished bonsai.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Ooooooooh. Gorgeous colors!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Beautiful new yarn Ali!

2:37 AM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

I've been considering that cloud 9 myself but for the lush hoodie and platinum..... tempted all over again! Those are gorgeous.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Gorgeous colors! I too am a pink person and am not ashamed of it. I love the Sahara pattern - very feminine.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Those are lovely patterns. I had never visited the stitchdiva site before. Hope you got great deals on the yarn--it's lovely. :-)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home