Thursday, May 10, 2007

Regia Silk Skirt

Here's the skirt:

It fits perfectly. You can click on the picture for a bigger picture of the detail.
Specs:
Pattern: A-Line Skirt from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2006
Yarn: Regia Silk (purchased from The Loopy Ewe); the pattern called for Koigu, but I got dead-on gauge using Regia Silk and I thought it would make a lighter skirt that Koigu. It doesn't pull down weight-wise or anything. I love it. I would recommend 2 balls of cream Regia though just to be on the safe side because I had about 3 yards leftover and I didn't do the stem stitch embroidery along the striping. Of the pink, I used 4 balls and I think I just started the 5th. I made the smallest size.
Needles: Size 3
Modifications: Other than the yarn substitution, none.

This is actually the first pattern I've done from Vogue Knitting and I'm very pleased with the results.

A few of you commented on how pretty the purple/red/black corriedale batt is and I have to be honest. It called to me so much that I had to start spinning it on Tuesday. Yes, I know I have way too many spinning/knitting projects as it is, but really how can one resist?

Labels: ,

25 Comments:

Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

Whooo hooo, I'm so impressed. I hope you get lots of use out of it.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's really cute - I have to say that's the first knitted skirt I've liked!!

8:36 AM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

I absolutely love it! And now will procure the balls at webs... lol.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Wow! I agree with chris on both accounts!

9:54 AM  
Blogger margene said...

The skirt is fabulous!! Very nice and may you enjoy it for a long, long time!

11:11 AM  
Blogger vtwopoint5 said...

That's beautiful! I also agree about it being the first knitted skirt I've liked.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that skirt is awesome! YOu did an amazing job.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Prachi said...

It's beautiful, love the fit on you.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

That skirt is gorgeous on you! The batt is really spinning up beautifully. I wouldn't have been able to resist its siren call either.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks great on you, Alison! It's even prettier with all the embroidery done.

3:58 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

adorable skirt!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The skirt looks fantastic! Usually knitted skirts aren't that appealing to me, but yours looks great, and the fit is perfect. Well done!

The spinning looks irresistible.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Very cute! I'm not much of a skirt person myself, but I really liked that skirt when I got the issue of VK and I think it looks great on you! I think I need to overcome my fear of skirts and dresses!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

It looks fabulous on you and it's beautifully knit. Well done Alison!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh cute! It looks great on you!

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The skirt is so pretty and feminine! Plus it looks smashing on you!

Wow, you're spinning that stuff wee-thin aren't ya? The colors are fantabulous!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The skirt is awesome! Now I have to try to find that Vogue knitting...

5:07 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Wow, gorgeous!! I think your choice of RS is brilliant :)

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is seriously cute- you look great in that skirt! And I LOVE the pink...

8:57 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh you're right, that's fit perfectly! I have my 7 balls and now I'm going to go by your advice and order one extra in creme-I hate it when I don't have enough. Now I have to figure out what size to make. This is the worst part. Yours is so gorgeous! Great job!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

The skirt is very cute! A perfect summer knit!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Agnes said...

The skirt is soooo pretty! Would you tell us how it stand up to wear later? That's my concern with knitted skirt ... :)

7:35 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Very very pretty!

11:22 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

your skirt is adorable!

7:18 AM  
Blogger DonnaC said...

That skirt is so beautiful!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home