Wednesday, May 16, 2007

WIP Wednesday - Bonsai Edition

The back of the Bonsai Tunic is just about finished:

I'm to the armholes. It's been a rough week, so I haven't gotten too much done on it, but things are looking better much now. I've been drawn to Norah Gaughan's designs ever since I took knitting back up a couple of years ago because she always does something unusual or unexpected. The first sweater I ever made was her Ballet Wrap from IK because it had such an interesting construction. I have the Hex Coat from Knitting Nature in the works (but probably on hold until end of summer/fall). This particular design has a reverse stockinette back as well as just looking different on the front. She's just definitely one of my favorite clothing designers.

Another good thing: I was Margene's 27,000th commenter on Monday. (That's a lot of comments!) She's going to be sending me a package next week to celebrate and I'm looking forward to it! I really did time it perfectly because I had gone to her site, looked up something else, and borrowed her meme before finally going back to leave my comment, fully expecting that she would have already had the magic number. A few minutes later, I got an email telling me that it was me. Happy, happy!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Lucky you for winning Margene's contest. I'm sure she'll send you something wonderful.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Bonsai is looking great. That's a lovely color!

9:36 AM  
Blogger margene said...

The Bonsai tunic is going to be great! I really like its styling. I'm gathering great things for you;-)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I saw that you were the magic number - congrats!!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, congrats! :-) I'm so pleased that you won Margene's contest. Her prizes are top-notch, you know. :-)

Bonsai's looking great so far!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

That's turning out beautifully! Norah's designs are amazing. I've got the bubble pullover in the works right now.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

The Bonsai looks lovely. I am going to start it in the red colorway, I think! Any weirdnesses in the pattern we should know about?

I did your knitting meme, too...come and see...and I have nearly finished socks for the SKS blog, too.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Bonsai looks lovely! I think you have the perfect yarn and color for it. Congratulations on winning the contest!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love the colour of the Bonsai. It's really shaping up!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Very cool! I can't wait to see it finished! :)

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning the contest! The Bonsai is coming along nicely. Love the colour.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the Bonsai tunic (I have been eyeballing the pattern for a while.) Yours is looking great!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home