Monday, May 21, 2007

Singularly Focused No More

I think Debi put my recent one-project devotion best - I am "singularly focused". And I do think that is a more accurate description. I occasionally do get very focused on one of my many WIPs and decide it needs to be finished. And occasionally, I decide that working on just one thing at a time really isn't me at all and I pick up something else.

I worked on the front of Bonsai and am about halfway done and I picked the purple stole back up and worked a couple of patterns on that. (It's overcast today and I couldn't get a better picture, but you can click on the Purple Diamond Stole label at the end of the post and scroll down for a better one.) I took both to my weekly Sit 'N' Knit and switched between the two during the evening. Now, that's more like me, isn't it?

I also ordered more yarn for a couple (okay, maybe more than a couple) more projects. I ordered a couple of patterns from Stitch Diva - Sahara and Simple Knitted Bodice.

A lot of you seemed to be impressed that I'm reading Harrius Potter (and that I want to read the Greek version), but I want to emphasize that I'm not exactly cruising through it. I am going very slowly and I have the English version right there for occasional help. I've read the books in English so many times and know the story so well that it really is helping my Latin reading a lot more than something like Cicero. I do hope to read more original Latin authors someday, but for now, I'm enjoying Harry Potter.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That purple stole is going to be so lovely! I still think it's very cool that you're reading Harrius Potter. :)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

I agree with Chris, the purple stole is going to be beautiful! I have been pretty singularly focused on the knitting front as well. I think overall I end up being a bit more productive that way.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Oooooh. I love lace! :)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Knitting Therapy said...

I have just ordered the same patterns from the Stitch Diva. Do you have any particular yarns in mind?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love that Purple Diamond Stole. The colour is so vibrant. Yeah, and I'm still impressed that you're reading Harius Potter.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, I am trying to locate a copy of the swallowtail shawl pattern, it does not appear to be available from Interweave any longer. Would you be willing to copy and share? Loved the photo's and yarn choices! Thanks Tracey cerberus2@verizon.net

10:40 AM  
Blogger Agnes said...

Both me and my husband love Harry Potter ... and we read the whole series ... and we are eagerly waiting for the new one!

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purple is one of my favorite colours; it will be a fabulous stole.

Harrius Potter...Latin...oh, the memories this conjures up, the Latin part that is...

6:41 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

That purple Diamonds is beautiful. What more could a blog reader ask to find while spinning through her list?

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home