Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Finished Bonsai

Here she is all finished:

I actually had modeled shots, but the shirt I was wearing underneath was way too white and just looked too odd in the pictures. I think I need something slightly off white. Other than that, the fit is perfect though I haven't decided whether to make the i-cord belt yet or not. I hate making i-cord and it's always not just right, so I'll decide later. For now, the specs:
Pattern: Bonsai Tunic from IK Spring 2007
Yarn: Berroco Bonsai color 4148 (this has to be the first time ever that I've actually used the suggested yarn, except for the color)
Needles: Size 8s and 6s
Modifications: None; I might have made the armholes just a tiny bit bigger, but other than that, I love the fit.

I plan to wear it out today. I wore my Regia skirt over the weekend and it is still in good shape. The only weirdness is where it's sewn together at the lace insert. It's sort of wonky because of the way the lace biases. The blocking didn't quite hold for that. It doesn't make the skirt look weird or anything because the bias on the other side balances it out. Does that even make sense? Anyway, hope everyone had a good, long weekend. I might have a swatch and new project to show soon. As for now, I have to tink a whole diamond pattern on the diamond stole because I forgot a row at the beginning of the diamond. *Sigh*

Labels:

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks good. Can't wait to see it modeled.

11:17 AM  
Blogger margene said...

It's great without the cord...you could do a little satin ribbon if you want 'something'.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of i-cord, could you do a braided cord instead (kumihimo)?

Pretty, pretty. I too look forward to the modeled pic.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really pretty! Great job!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Prachi said...

It's beautiful! Looking forward to model shots.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just lovely. I would just crochet-chain a cord, myself. That much i-cord takes so long sometimes.

Can't wait to see it in person. Love your new yarns, too!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Oh the Bonsai Tunic is *beautiful*. I just adore the way it came out. I'm seriously in love. *sigh* I wonder how that would look on my figure.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, it is gorgeous!! Looking forward to modeled shots. Alas about having to rip back on the shawl...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful Bonsai!! I'm making it too in green.

How many skeins did you end up using?

7:23 PM  
Blogger AlisonH said...

That. Is. GORGEOUS. Congratulations!!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

I love it! Can't wait to see it on you. :)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

It's stunning Ali! Well done!

I think it needs something in the middle but maybe just a simple twisted cord?

11:35 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

I'm looking forward to the model shots of Bonsai. I love the waist shaping - it looks very curvy and feminine. I wonder if shaping like that would help me? I'm straight down - no waist at all! So I've always avoided those types of sweaters, but maybe an "artificial" waist would help?

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great sweater! I bet it looks fantastic on you.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! What a gorgeous blue!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The Bonsai tunic looks great! You picked an excellent color, too. Well done!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Lovely!

9:31 PM  
Blogger deb said...

it looks awesome. i've been thinking of knitting this one. can't wait to see how it looks worn.

9:54 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

Gorgeous! I second the notion of a ribbon, myself. Can't wait to see modeled pictures!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home