Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Socks and Spinning

I got my copy of Sensational Socks on Monday. I've been hearing a good bit about this book lately and decided to see what it was all about. This book is seriously cool. You basically measure your foot, check your gauge and go to the pattern that you want to do. The patterns tell you how many stitches to cast on based on your gauge and foot circumference (meaning you can use any size needle you want; there are also instructions for 4 dpns, 5 dpns or 2 circulars). There are several basic patterns each of which gives several variations. For example, there is a basic four-stitch ribbing pattern. There are several types of four-stitch ribbing you can do. And I have to say that the mosaic patterns are really cool. Yes, I sound like an ad, but I think this book will get some good use.

What I've been working on - the Child's Shell Sock (I won't bore you with more pictures until I finish), Mystery Christmas Present #3 (which I can't show you) and spinning. Of couse the only thing I can show you has a blurry picture, but the color was the most accurate of the ones I took.

It's a silvery grey with a bit of rose. I'll get some better pictures once it's plied.

4 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

I love that yarn you're spinning- such pretty colors. And thanks for the review on Sensational Socks. Yet another book to covet! :-)

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, very pretty spinning. I'm trying to resist buy Sensational Socks for now, but with recommendations like this, it's getting very difficult.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Rissa said...

That looks so pretty! So soft and heathery

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Sensational Socks yet but I have Charlene Schurch's hat book and her mitten book and they're two of my favorite pattern books. I'll have to check out the sock book too. And what a fine, even single you spin! I'm trying not to be envious!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home