Saturday, November 12, 2005

Child's Shell Socks

Apparently, I'm currently obsessed with socks.

This is my start to the Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. So far, it's an easy pattern, but there will be a bit of math to figure out once I get to the heel as I had to add a few stitches.

I'm still working on my shawls, but I have done a bit of spinning in the last couple of days as well. Remember this? It's a 50/50 merino/tussah blend in "Rose". I'm spinning it very thin, so it's going to take a while. It's sort of a silvery grey with rose in it. I can't wait to see what it looks like plied. I'll get pictures up soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Your sock looks great. What yarn are you using?

9:34 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Thanks, Jessica. I'm using Essential from Knit Picks in Fawn.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I'm sock obsessed too Alison! Yours looks great! Don't you just *LOVE* that book? :)

Did ya get the new one by Charlene Schurch, Sensation Knitted Socks? Another winner!!

11:02 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your sock is beautiful!! I love that pattern and it looks wonderful in Fawn. I MUST get this book! Is there some way I can ensure that the DH sees this comment before Christmas? :-) I'm looking forward to seeing your shawls, too. A shawl is something I'd like to tackle early next year for sure.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

First time seeing your blog, I believe. Very nice work. I have been wondering about ordering Nancy Bush's Vintage Socks book. Might give it a try.
Cathy

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison, you're a sock fanatic! I love that pattern.

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home