Saturday, November 05, 2005

Warm Hands

I finished my fingerless Snowflake gloves. Fair Isle may just be a new obsession.

I actually had to frog the right glove twice. The first time, the snowflake design was going to be too low on the back of the hand, so I added a couple of bottom borders and the second time, I put the thumb opening a wee bit too high. Third time's a charm though because they turned out well. I am aware that the pinkie on the left glove is a little short, but there is a reason. I am a continental knitter which means I wrap my yarn around my left pinkie, so I had to leave that free as I'm very likely to be knitting with my gloves on. Why else would I make fingerless gloves? Here's a closeup of the snowflake design.

I enjoyed working with Knit Picks Palette yarns and I will be doing more Fair Isle.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gloves look fantastic! Great job for your first fair isle. Heck, great job period. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed the Knit Picks - gotta have someone do a trial run before ordering. :)

7:04 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

wow! that's beautiful! :)

11:11 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Those are the most beautiful gloves I've ever seen!! So, so gorgeous. Love the colors and I can't even imagine all the work that went into making each individual fingerless-finger. :-) Do you have any books you'd recommend for getting started with Fair Isle? Again, beautiful work.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job with your tipless gloves, they turned out beautifully. I love your short picky -- nothings going to hold you back from your knitting!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart and beautiful! I'll need the same - love the idea to knit in the open with those beauties on. Félicitations!

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Ali, great job on your first fair isle project. I love star patterns, which by the way did you know they originate with the norwegians? I love the versitility of knitting patterns, especially in all those different countries surrounding and including fair isle :) happy knitting

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them so much! I have to go see about ordering some Palette myself.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

WOW! Those are gorgeous gloves! I've only knit socks and I've been keeping my eye out for gloves. Think I will just have to get that book!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful gloves - love the sage green!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are gorgeous gloves! You did a beautiful job! Welcome to the knitter's world of color and its magic.

9:32 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Just finding time to look at all the fingerless gloves from Peaceful Palms. Yours are so lovely. Great job with the fairisle. How are they holding up?

8:44 PM  
Blogger fcatw said...

i want some.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home