Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I swear I haven't completely neglected my knitting for my wheel, but I have neglected almost everything but Christmas knitting. And, of course, I can't show you that. (Sorry, Mom.) I'm going to get some work done on Madli today, so maybe I'll have a progress photo sometime this week. Instead, I'll show you some of my freshly spun yarns.

This was spun from "Pinedale" merino. It's a dark grey-green with rose specks. I spun a little thicker than I originally intended, it's about a fingering-DK weight and I have a little over 100 yards. I'll probably have about 200 yards when finished spinning and I'll most likely make a small lacy scarf of some sort.

This is a very bright yellow (brighter than the picture) using Buttercup Yellow Wilton's cake icing dye on Bluefaced Leicester. I've navajo plied it and hope to have enough to make socks. If not, I'll dye something else so I can make really obnoxious striped socks for around the house.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz M. said...

I'm loving the grey/green/blue, rose...it's different. I like to spin varigated yarns...happy spinning

10:52 AM  
Blogger LisaB said...

I'm glad my Scotland photos brought back good memories! My husband and I can't wait to go back.

Your dark handspun yarn is absolutely gorgeous! One of these days I need to learn how to spin. It sounds like fun.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

you're soaring on your wheel, alison! love that first skein. it's pretty :)

2:28 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Beautiful handspun Alison! If I can't see your beautiful knitting this is a welcome and gorgeous substitute!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Deenz said...

Wow - that green handspun almost looks like machine-spun in that photo...GOOD JOB!!!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home