Saturday, September 24, 2005

My New Toy


I put a third coat of tung oil on the wheel part and the treadle and decided to go ahead and assemble it last night. It was not difficult to assemble at all. I did have to ask my husband a couple of small things, but the only thing he actually helped me with was holding the wheel while I put the crank through and tapping the hub pin in. Other than that, I did it all. I'm very happy with her and have already tried spinning with some Bluefaced Leicester that I had. I think we'll have many happy hours of spinning together!

5 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Congrats Alison! Well done!
Enjoy her!!

7:10 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Looks good Alison!

You are going to have so much fun spinning and creating beautiful yarns.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I am so happy for you Alison! You will love the countless hours that you will spend with her!

You did a great job of putting her together!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a beauty of a wheel. Have fun with her and post many many pictures.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I can't wait till I get my own. You did a great job! Have fun spinning up a storm of fiber.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home