Thursday, September 22, 2005

My Wheel

I've gotten over the panic now. Yesterday I put the first coat of tung oil on the wheel. This is what it looked like before:

And after the first coat:

Quite a difference, huh? I will put on another coat today and maybe a third coat tomorrow. Then I'll let it dry until Sunday or Monday and see if it's ready to be assembled. I chose pure tung oil because I don't do well with stains and varnishes. They bother my sinuses and head. This is the first time I've used tung oil, but it's easy to apply and I don't have to worry about my kids being near me while using it. It really is a nice finish, too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pugknits said...

hmmmm.....nice work......and definitely pretty and makes all the difference!. can't wait to see your wheel all set-up and ready to spin, alison. have fun!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

You did get the Traveller! Alison, you are going to love it and you will love spinning lace on it.

What did you think of the Woolery? Isn't their service great?

(don't know if you remember me, we emailed last week through the spin list about the Woolery)

7:04 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Alison it's looking great! I just finished, finishing mine :-) I used Velvit oil which is a one step stain, all-in-one oil finish.

Christine is right, you will love spinning on the Traveller. That was the wheel that LizzyB let me borrow that started my spinning adventures.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Well done Alison! I can't wait to see the beautiful yarn you make with her!

Thanks for the compliments on my Shaped Triangle :)

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way the tung oil is working out. It's going to be so beautiful.
Boy, you are very patient. I wouldn't be able to stand the wait!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home