Monday, September 19, 2005

It's a good day.

Guess what I just ordered. Hint: Click on Ashford Traveller. That's right, I've ordered my first spinning wheel. It is going to ship today, so I should have it in my hands tomorrow or Wednesday!

And look what I got last night at the bookstore during my weekly Sit 'n' knit session.

I had looked at the knitting section once (okay, twice) and was really disappointed at not seeing it. Then, I decided to ask at the information desk. The woman said there was one copy (just one!) and offered to help me look. We found it stuffed between two huge knitting books, looking very lonely and just wanting to be taken home with me. I took it back to my table full of knitters and I had to tell them that it was the only copy in the whole store and they could have it only if they pried it from my cold, dead hands. Okay, I didn't really say that, but one did mention the fact that I didn't seem to be laying the book down within reach of any of them. I think they thought that I didn't trust them or something.

I started reading it last night when I got home. It's classic Harlot. I love "The Sheep Shawl", the harlot's introduction into the world of lace. And "The Beast" is just too funny! Stephanie has done it again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're getting your first wheel! That is fantastically exciting. I must admit that I'm a bit jealous but also excited for you at the same time. Congratulations.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter does beautiful work and seems to have some admirers in her comments sections. I make a visit here every once in a while to see what she has been up to. She is very talented. Wonder where she got it from?

11:26 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

I've always loved the appearance of the ashford traveller! it's a beautiful wheel i'm so happy for you. congratulations! when is the brown truck coming?

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that the anonymous comment was not from her mom (me).
Alianne's Mom

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry! I guess I should have identified myself. The comments made at 11:26 am were from me. Her Dad.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do too finish things at light speed -- I know for a fact that Isis wrap was just a fledgeling when last I saw it.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Stasia said...

YAY! You got a wheel! That was my first wheel, too - you'll love it. There are add-ons and add-ons and you never need to outgrow it. I'm so excited for you!

Are your parents FUNNY! ;D

(Geez, I hope mine don't read my blog...)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home