Sunday, August 28, 2005

Lace Dream

You work for months on a shawl and finally you finish and it looks like this.

Doesn't look like much, does it? Well, how about this?

And here's the closeup.

And another closeup.

Better, huh? Isn't blocking amazing? It measures about 76" X 20". I ended up skipping the last pattern repeat of the shawl mainly because I was impatient to finish, but I think it just might be big enough anyway. This shawl is "Lace Dream" from the Best of Knitters: Shawls and Scarves. I used size 3 needles and Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud "Midnight". Although it is black, it has specks of blue and green in it. I am absolutely in love with this shawl.

12 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

Wow! Absolutely Gorgeous! When I grow up I want to be able to knit like that!
Yvonne

5:11 PM  
Blogger Teri.p said...

Alison - your Lace Dream stole is magnificent! I'm doubly impressed because you used black. Very elegant.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Gorgeous. Just beautiful. I have some of this yarn and now must go and use it for something. But in addition to the yarn, the stitch work is fantastic.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Simply breathtaking!! Well done!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Colette said...

Beautiful! I just bought this book and that is one of the first patterns I plan to knit! How many skeins of the knitpicks yarn did you use?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

you're amazing, alison!

1:09 PM  
Blogger LadyV said...

I Love it! Fantastic job Alison.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linked here from Summer of Lace in order to view your shawl. It is absolutely beautiful. "Lace Dream" is the perfect name!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Stasia said...

Alison, that is just stunning. Great job! I have some of that yarn and I can't wait to use it - it feels just wonderful. Enjoy your new stole!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful! Wow. I can't believe you did it in black!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Deenz said...

Wow - I LOVE that stitch pattern!

*brain gears start churning...*

2:21 PM  
Blogger Orlop =) said...

WOW! how many years have you been knitting? b/c that is exquisite.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home