Saturday, July 23, 2005

New sock yarn

Look what came yesterday!

New solid sock colors from Knit Picks - Dusk, Black, Burgundy and Pine. I would have called the "dusk" denim as it looks very much like blue jeans. The black is black and the pine and burgundy are beautiful, together they remind me of country Christmas colors.

Okay, I know I'm becoming something of an ad for Knit Picks, but their yarn is nice and the prices are really good. Occasionally, one of their colors isn't exactly as I expected, but usually I'm pretty happy with my purchases. I've just started the Market Squares Bag in Merino Style. Picts to come when I get a bit more done on it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the picture of the sock yarn and describing how the colors look in person.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures - those look really nice - let us know how they work up? Definitely gonna have to get me some of that :)

10:58 AM  
Blogger LadyV said...

Those are some of my favorite colors. Have you decided on a pattern?

8:47 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I'll probably use a Nancy Bush pattern. (I love her socks and shawls.) I'm thinking the Dusk for Conwy from Knitting on the Road. And I think the Burgundy might actually be destined to become her Estonian Lace Scarf in the July/Aug piecework. We'll see.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Pugknits said...

acckkk, new yarn...OK, i'm a little behind time*grin*

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home