Wednesday, July 20, 2005

On the needles

I don't have anything really photo worthy since the shawl. I had to restart Madli's Shawl. I had gotten about halfway through the border, made a mistake, and couldn't figure out where the mistake was. Rip. I am now about 2/3 done with the first end border. I'm a little over halfway done with Lace Dream from The Best of Knitters: Shawls and Scarves. I'm making it in "Midnight" Alpaca Cloud from Knit Picks and it will be beautiful. I'm about to start on the Market Squares Bag from A Knitter's Dozen: Bags. I also ordered some of Knit Picks new solid color sock yarn. So I should be busy for a while.

In non-knitting news: I read the new Harry Potter on Saturday. I liked it, not my favorite of the series, but I did like it. I loved this quote:

"No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines," said Dumbledore. "I do love knitting patterns."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited to hear Knitpicks has solid color sock yarn now -- I've been hoping they would.

I've finished the new Harry Potter too, and I really loved this one. Did you catch the brief knitting reference? Makes me wonder if Rowling is a knitter.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously, you did catch the knitting reference since I see you've added the quote. It made me laugh.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home