Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Barn swallows and a little knitting

Only 10 days until the new Harry Potter!!! I know, nothing to do with swallows or knitting, but I had to get it out of my system.

For those of you following my barn swallow updates: Sometimes barn swallows have two broods in a year. I was beginning to think that our swallows had given up their nest. Although I've seen several flying around the front of the house (and helping with the mosquito population), only one has been sleeping under the porch eaves. Today, however, God help the poor sparrow that tried to move into the nest. Apparently, the swallows are not done with it and two (presumably Mom and Dad) have been fiercely defending the nest all day. So, we might have another brood after all.

I feel I must at least mention my knitting. I've been working almost exclusively on the Shaped Triangle lately. The edging is slow, excruciatingly slow. I was hoping to have it done in time for my guild meeting on Monday, but it's not going to happen. Oh, well. What's that about slow and steady wins the race? Unless, of course, you just get bored and just put it aside for a while. Hmm, where's that pattern for Madli's Shawl?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pugknits said...

heh heh, i know my bro and sis have the necks all stretched out waiting and waiting for the release of the new HP book, too. 1o more days, huh? hehe

yay, sounds like it wun be a lonely nest! how wonderful. they must be loving the safe haven you provide them with!

yeah, goods things comes along very slowly sometimes, doesn't it? *smile* you'll get done soon enuf!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home