Monday, July 04, 2005

Never-ending shawl, Part 2

I've now finished the shawl stitches and have begun on the edging.
Pretty, isn't it? Let me tell you what a royal pain in the derriere it is. Remeber how the edging contains over 7,200 stitches? Turns out that I was actually off by a little in my calculations. Okay, a lot. The edging actually contains over 14,000 stitches. And that's not counting all the stitches that have had to be ripped or tinked. So 15 stitches, turn, 15 stitches, turn. Only about 13,000 more to go.

If ever I finish this shawl, I'm going to use this yarn to cast-on for Madli's Shawl by Nancy Bush from Interweave Knits Summer 2004 (pictures here and here, scroll down on each page). The thread is a coned 100% silk, sort of a lavender color with blue and pink specks.
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Pugknits said...

nice color and stich definition :) but i'll not try this on my own*grin*

11:40 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Lace is just knit, purl, yo and a few knit togethers. Okay, it does take forever, but it's worth it in the end!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is beautiful!

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home